Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

There you have it. There is a obvisous disconnect bewteen being a producer of gold and an explorer of gold in Canada.

When you have a company focused on exploration there is a tendacy to see bigger swings in share price after news releases.

When you have a producing company releasing news the price swings are shorter and less significant in change. Especially after you already made the initial announcement of entering production. The intial annoucement is a point in time where the price can rise because it's seen as a significant milestone, but unless you have constant production improvement broadcasted vis news the shine wears off. By that I mean significant and appearantly rapid improvement.

The market expects (maybe demands) constant improvement in cash flow and onces produced by gold mines or any mine for that matter. This is often hard to deliver on when you are still exploraing and expanding an operation

Exploration focused "only" companies generally ride a wider price swing with greater and more rapid increases in price as a result of good news.

Much of the retail market has become foucused on enjoying profits from pure exploration plays or pure production plays ...rather than the case of being in a company that you are unsure of as a producer .

IMHO the best news that SGR could report would be a clear distinction as to the focus of the company. The downside of being an explorer and a producer is that its sends a mixed message... no prejudice meant ot intended... as I believe in the gold potential of Rice lake and surrounding areas very strongly and I have good enough for me reasons to come to that conclusion...

It is a fine line to walk ...

New Message
Please login to post a reply