Focused on silver

Acquisition & Production of high grade, low cost Silver resources - Mexico & El Salvador

Free
Message: Silvercrest contractor-employee dies at Santa Elena

Silvercrest contractor-employee dies at Santa Elena

2014-03-24 17:43 ET - News Release

Mr. N. Eric Fier reports

SILVERCREST REPORTS CONTRACTOR FATALITY AT SANTA ELENA MINE

Silvercrest Mines Inc. lost a contractor-employee on Friday, March 21, to an accident at the company's Santa Elena mine in the state of Sonora, Mexico.

The contractor-employee was operating a haul truck on the lower access ramp of the pit when it is believed he may have suffered a medical condition causing him to lose control of the vehicle. Subsequently, the vehicle breached a designated safety berm and rolled off the ramp into the lower part of the pit. Several witnesses on hand observed the accident but were powerless to intervene in what appeared to be an unavoidable accident given the circumstances. The open pit was shut down immediately and the area of the accident remained closed while the company worked with Mexican authorities to conduct a full investigation of the accident. Permission to recommence pit operations has since been received from the authorities.

All other operations at the mine, including stockpile ore crushing, pad leaching, underground work and mill expansion start-up, continued uninterrupted.

N. Eric Fier, president and chief operating officer of Silvercrest, stated, "We extend our sincere condolences to the family of the deceased, and we are working with the contractor to ensure the family is well cared for."

New Message
Please login to post a reply