production & exploration

Galena Mine - Coeur d'Alene Mining District - 48 million oz

Free

Mad about this one! Played this one yesterday afternoon as it was going a Bollinger Band pinch and got in at $0.44 for a test drive. When the bollinger bands pinch on an intraday chart (typically a 5 minute chart) the price explodes up or down afterwards. As this stock was still green when the DOW was down over 200 points, I thought it would breakout on the up side and be able to walk away with a few percentage points. The stock did explode but to the down side and before you knew it, I was stopped out. I had put a tight stop on it because of how the markets were reacting to the BofA news and did not want to expose myself too much. Capital preservation is key in a down market.

This is where I'm getting mad... Not long after the dip down to $0.41 did the price start to go up and all being grabbed at the ask to finally close the day at my entry price of $0.44 ... Grrrr! So what's up with this?!?! Time to start looking at the boards and hunting for news as to why this is going on. Well it didn't take long to find. At 16:27 they put out a news release about a new silver discovery. Looks pretty good but what the heck do I know. I'm a Technical guy, not a Fundamental guy! It was re-puclished this morning and you can read about it here.

At an entry of $0.475 (which is currently the bid/ask before the open) and an initial target of $0.55, it's still good for 15.7% gains in a very short period.

See chart here.

New Message
Please login to post a reply