Copper-zinc exploration in the Flin Flon-Snow Lake VMS Belt

Recent Results Include 6.69% Copper Over 71.69 Metres and 3.74% Copper Over 21.77 Metres

Free

Dear VMS Ventures followers,

Congratulations are in order as the Reed Mine has reached Commercial Production status.

First, to VMS Ventures’ President John Roozendaal, who pointed the drill in the summer of 2007. It was only the second hole of our first drill program in the Flin Flon Snow Lake VMS belt. It was a VTEM anomaly from our extensive airborne surveying and the drill caught just a little bit of very interesting rock that July day. That VMS Ventures discovery has now officially become the Reed Mine.

Second, to HudBay. We signed the LOI on the JV agreement in early 2010 and they have been excellent partners ever since. Their mine team has been first rate. How many mines, anywhere in the world, have come in on time and under budget.

Third, to VMS COO Neil Richardson. Neil is a former HudBay guy and knows almost all of the people working on and around the Reed Mine. His experience in the mines in the belt and the obvious shared respect he has with those HudBay colleagues have helped VMS stay close and well informed along the path to commercial production. Neil has done a masterful job for our shareholders

Finally, to our shareholders, I want to thank you for your patience. Even though seven years from Discovery to Production is a race car pace in a typical endurance car endeavour, these past seven years have seen two major setbacks in commodity stocks and, more importantly, resource development or exploration stocks. It has been tough for all.

So, we now look to higher copper prices and continued excellence from the operating team at Reed to get VMS’s 30% share of the mine producing cash flow from Reed, as early as possible. And, soon we can begin to talk about further exploration potential around and below the Reed mine and the surrounding JV claims we hold with HudBay.

Finally, I’ve included a brief article publ ished today by KC Granger at Canadian Mine Analysis.

The link is HERE

Best regards,

Rick Mark
CEO
VMS Ventures Inc.

VMS owns 23.9% of NAN

VMS Reports Reed Mine Achieves Commercial Production

Vancouver, B.C., May 1, 2014 VMS Ventures Inc. (TSX-V: VMS) (“VMS Ventures” or the “Company”) is pleased to update shareholders on the progress made at the Reed mine, near Flin Flon Manitoba. VMS Ventures owns 30% of the mine and is carried to production. Hudbay Minerals Inc. (TSX:HBM)(NYSE:HBM) ("Hudbay") owns 70% and is the Operator.

The Reed copper project advanced to mine status after achieving commercial production on March 31, 2014.

• Averaging 60% of full production tonnage (1,300 tonnes per day) over the last 90 days, having operated at 792 tonnes per day in the first quarter of 2014.
  • During the first quarter Reed mined 71,236 tonnes of ore at a copper grade of 1.92% and a zinc grade of 2.14% from a combination of ore development and longhole stope mining.
  • The project has invested $66 million to the end of Q1, 2014 and approximately $4 million of project capital will be spent as sustaining capital over the life of mine.
  • The project was completed under budget and ahead of guidance with no lost time accidents.
  • Sale of copper and zinc concentrates will start to pay back the Company’s project loan and advance VMS towards cash flow.
  • During the month of March development advanced 288 metres or 9.3 metres per day, for a total of 3,215 metres project to date.
  • 27,407 tonnes of ore were mined in March.

Neil Richardson, VMS Ventures' COO states: "We are very pleased to see the Reed copper project advance to mine status and achieve commercial production. The mine continues to advance towards full production and has operated without any lost time accidents. Thanks to all the employees and contractors for a job well done.”
The focus for May will remain on safety and continued ramp development while establishing lateral infrastructure headings and ore development on 160 metre level.

Please visit the VMS website at http://www.vmsventures.com/investors/photo-gallery to view a slide show of the latest progress on the Reed Mine.

About VMS Ventures Inc.:

VMS Ventures Inc. is focused primarily on acquiring, exploring and developing copper-zinc-gold-silver massive sulphide deposits in the Flin Flon-Snow Lake VMS Belt of Manitoba. The Company's VMS project property portfolio consists of the Reed copper mine, which is subject to a 70-30 JV with Hudbay Minerals and reached initial production in Q4-2013, Copper Project, McClarty Lake Project, Sails Lake Project, Puella Bay Project and Morton Lake Project. Outside of the Snow Lake camp, the Company holds massive sulphide prospective properties near the past producing Fox Lake and Ruttan copper-zinc mines, near the communities of Lynn Lake and Leaf Rapids in northern Manitoba. These properties are located in the mining friendly province of Manitoba, Canada. The Company also has optioned the Black Creek property in the Sudbury mining camp.

VMS Ventures owns approximately 23.9% of North American Nickel Inc. (TSX VENTURE: NAN). For more information on North American Nickel Inc., please visit www.northamericannickel.com

Forward Looking Statement

Some of the statements contained herein may be forward-looking statements which involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Without limitation, statements regarding potential mineralization and resources, exploration results, and future plans and objectives of the Company are forward-looking statements that involve various risks. The following are important factors that could cause the Company's actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements: changes in the world wide price of mineral commodities, general market conditions, risks inherent in mineral exploration, risks associated with development, construction and mining operations, the uncertainty of future profitability and the uncertainty of access to additional capital. There can be no assurance that forward-looking statements will prove to be accurat e as actual results and future events may differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. VMS Ventures Inc. undertakes no obligation to update such forward-looking statements if circumstances or management's estimates or opinions should change. The reader is cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements

ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

John Roozendaal, B.Sc., President
VMS Ventures Inc.

Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information:

VMS Ventures Inc.
Evan Sleeman, Director
(604) 986-2020 or Toll Free: 1-866-816-0118

New Message
Please login to post a reply