Welcome To The VIT Chat Board

The Company's Eagle Gold Project in Yukon Canada hosts a National Instrument 43-101 compliant Reserve of 2.3 million ounces of gold.

Free

Rather than finding a joint venture partner to develop a mine at Eagle, and dilute our ownership in the process, IMO, it would be far wiser to obtain a loan to finance the development. Since the recapture of costs to develop a mine at Eagle is only 3 years - and possibly less - our financing costs would not be onerous. Secondly, IMO, I truly believe things are different in the gold market today. The larger gold producing companies today have a real problem: depleting reserves and their inability to replace their reserves from their own drilling activity - thus they are motivated to do "back in's" that are economic. Since Newmont has to reimburse VIT 2 1/2 times the money they spend on the Cove project, it would be a lot cheaper to back in now rather than have to reimburse VIT a lot more money for additional expenditures that VIT will incur in the coming months. Any cash received today from a Newmont "back in" will also reduce the possibility of further stockholder dilution. Thus an early "back in", IMO, will be good for all parties involved.

New Message
Please login to post a reply