Free

AMA. Uses Iridium. Iridium covers the most important parts of the world. Discussions with Russia, China, North Korea to come to an agreement.

Example: http://investor.iridium.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=469217
So thats good progress.

What I don't like about this JV is the spooky past. Iridium is held by private investors now. And is supposedly used by armies/special ops. But ok there are also other industries which use Iridium. The history of Iridium tells us its very very well connected around the world.

http://editorseye.com/WordPress/2010/03/18/just-scratching-the-surface/

Check early investors.

Currently AMA is focussed on Lockheed Martin/Hawker Beechcraft/Boeing/McDonnell Douglas aircraft. But they could expand to others as we've already seen. I've noticed connections in the board with Meggilt/Boeing/WestJet/JetBlue/MidWest/Airtran... That's nice to see as these also have clear preference toward Boeing. However some are represented by Airbus/Embraer. Through the Howard Group, (Water Guard connection), they could expand contacts to Bombardier/Dassault/Gulfstream/General Dynamics, but you know how that is. Its tough to connect through others.

SNA. Is also well connected, to EADS/Astrium. Board is filled with KLM/Thales/IATA/Swiss ex-representatives. But they are more in an advisory role. The most important figures in the team are connected to NW Pakistan/Skylink Aviation/Royal Jets? They are operating in many countries, Pakistan/Afghanistan/South Africa/Etc.

Both still have alot of work to did, initiating big projects. Its about time they really start selling. More iterations. Strategically, Boeing/Airbus are the huge players. The reason for two systems is because the information needs to be separated due to confidentiality issues. I can imagine Boeing/Airbus want to keep failures/problems to themselves, thus they employ different systems with the same task. Its about control.

Have been looking at the patents. But to be honest, patents don't matter, unless you have huge amounts of cash. This was their experience too. The law determined, the patents are not the same. Basta. Now lets just continue business. I forsee a division between the two. Both can do very well in the industry...

Enjoy, I'd split you're investment for now. If one does better then the other, jump in a little more on that one ;)

New Message
Please login to post a reply