One mile of Ocean Front, One Incredible Real Estate Development

Multi-Billion Dollar Agreement Signed With Oman

Free

Let me get this straight: We all read the 8-Qs and 10-Ks. We all read about the plans and actions taken todate regarding agreements being reached, assets to be contributed, $s to be paid upon certain event triggers and we all calculated the impact on BV. Then we decided to invest based upon our educated estimates that this would all occur. Based on the information given to us at various times. We all saw it as a project worthy of our financial support. We all did the risk/return calculus. And we all should have recognized the level of risk involved.

No one could have forseen the sad passing of the former minister of tourism (may she rest in peace and I mean that sincerely). No one could have forseen her replacement being unable/unwilling to move forward with ANY project. Stuff happens. Unfortunately, it seems more of it happens to us, but that's life.

Now we are closer than we've ever been before. We know the culture over there is different. We also know they have a very important holiday (Ramadan) in which things slow down.

Who's to be held responsible? No one. Because mistakes have not been made. When things go wrong, it doesn't necessarily mean someone is responsible.

Lighten up guys ... we're close. I'd rather hear mgmt tell us they think "... such and such will occur soon, but no assurances can be made as to when ... " than to hear nothing. The new minister has explicitly said he's ready to sign during Ramadan or shortly thereafter. That's good enough for me and should be for the rest of us. To me, it's clear this will get done rather soon.

As always, regards ....

New Message
Please login to post a reply