One mile of Ocean Front, One Incredible Real Estate Development

Multi-Billion Dollar Agreement Signed With Oman

Free
Message: 2014 half year report from Savills, leading real estate company in Oman

MOON-MAN, I shall be glad to answer your probing question--but allow me to mention that Richard Rodgers' and Oscar Hammersteins' masterpiece from Carousel named "Soliloquy" is one of my favorites when sung by Frank (Sinatra not Drohan). Since it runs almost 8 minutes long, I had it shortened considerably when I danced with daughter #1 (I have four daughters) at her wedding reception.I used the part near the end that begins....My little girl.... well hopefully you understand.------------But I digress. --------Where do I stand. I got into this investment back in what now feels like the Dark Ages.Charlie and Frank were selling sports wear. I flew to Las Vegas NV. to meet with both of them. They were showing their clothing at the Convention Center. (Perhaps you remember that I mentioned in one of these postings that I still own, and wear a pair of shorts they gave me--in fact I was (honestly) wearing them yesterday.Sooo one could say that I have not "lost my pants" yet with this investment. Oops, I digressed once again. What interested me much more than the clothing line, was the "Journey of Light "project that was intertwined (for lack of a better description)with Alpha International (the company name at the time). JOL was to build "Qutopia" in Qatar.Thank heaven the company folded their tent (pun intended) and Frank drove a tad south and settled in Oman. What does all of this mean---I was greatly impressed with Frank and Charlie, and their collective vision. I trust them completely and place the delays upon delays, squarely on the shoulders of the internal workings in Oman. It's another culture, another world, as a few of our fellow stockholders have mentioned on this board. Had this project been entirely based in the U.S. the likes of Icon, Buffet or Trump would have moved in long ago and cleaned house! We're dealing with a much different animal.----To answer your query of why I remain positive, let me paraphrase an old standard that I live by. "If you work for a man (In this case substitute "work for"with "INVEST in" ) , in Heaven's name work for him; Speak well of him; stand by him and stand by the institution he represents. If you must vilify,condemn and eternally disparage---resign your position (sell your stock) and when you are outside,damn to your heart's content, but as long you are part of the institution do not condemn it". -----That where I'm coming from,----BILL.

New Message
Please login to post a reply