One mile of Ocean Front, One Incredible Real Estate Development

Multi-Billion Dollar Agreement Signed With Oman

Free

Hmmm… interesting discussion about shorts. Much as I respect and enjoy the posts of Pennsylvania Bill, I tend to come down on the side that it is probably futile for the retail investor to attempt to counter the shorting pros. My major reasoning is

a) naked short selling is not illegal “per se” in the US, although it is restricted by the SHO regulation

b) the SEC (like many of our government agencies) is not particularly adept at policing its restrictions, and when it does it tends to focus on the big boys (like the naked short selling attacks on Lehman brothers in 2008).

Therefore I believe the pros will attack attractive OTC targets at will, regardless of attempts to shelter retail shares, if they can make money at it, selling naked if they must.

I believe Frank has some weapons that we don’t and is using them, but in the long run we will only win when the broad market perceives that this program is moving forward without restrictions and that their investments in the MENA region are safe from regional instabilities. So I find my thinking unusually aligned with the mooner.

New Message
Please login to post a reply