Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free
Mikxx, heres what I find on the AGM regs.
By TSX regulations, it states uo to fifteen months, that would put it around Mar 31/2014, BUT, St Elias was incorporated under the British Columbia Business Corporation Act (BCBCA), which is a little different, in my understanding of it, and may be a bit contradictory, if Securities regulation does not over ride it. If we look at the BCBCA, it may suggest that the AGM has to be held in a 12 month period. It can be held in a 15 month period, in the year or so following the incorporation, but the way I read it, after that, it may have to be held within a 12 month period.. There are also "take over bid" rules that can come into play, whereas the BOD cannot stall an AGM IF THERE WAS A RECENT ATTEMPT AT CHANGE OF MANAGEMENT, in which there was.
Here is what the TSX Venture Policy 3.2 says;
4.1 Every Issuer must hold an annual meeting of its Shareholders by the earlier of the time required by applicable corporate or securities legislation and 18 months after:
(a) the date of its incorporation; or
(b) the date of its certificate of amalgamation, in the case of an amalgamated Issuer,
and subsequently thereafter in each year not more than 15 months after its last preceding annual meeting of Shareholders or such earlier date as required by applicable corporate or Securities Laws.
Here is what the BCBCA says;

Annual general meetings

182 (1) Subject to subsections (2) to (5), a company must hold an annual general meeting,
(a) for the first time, not more than 18 months after the date on which it was recognized, and
(b) after its first annual reference date, at least once in each calendar year and not more than 15 months after the annual reference date for the preceding calendar year.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), all of the shareholders entitled to vote at an annual general meeting of a company may,
(a) by a unanimous resolution passed on or before the date by which that annual general meeting is required to be held under this section, defer the holding of that annual general meeting to a date that is later than the date by which the meeting is required to be held under subsection (1),
(b) by a unanimous resolution, consent to all of the business required to be transacted at that annual general meeting, or
(c) by a unanimous resolution, waive the holding of
(i) that annual general meeting,
(ii) the previous annual general meeting, or
(iii) any earlier annual general meeting that the company had been obliged to hold.
(3) The shareholders must, in any unanimous resolution passed under subsection (2) (a), (b) or (c) (i) or (ii), select, as the company's annual reference date, a date that would, under subsection (1), be appropriate for the holding of the applicable annual general meeting.
(4) If a unanimous resolution is not passed under subsection (2) with respect to an annual general meeting of a company, on the application of the company, the registrar may, if satisfied that it is appropriate to do so and on the terms and conditions the registrar considers appropriate, allow the company to hold that annual general meeting on a date that is later than the date by which the meeting is required to be held under subsection (1).
(5) If a unanimous resolution is passed in relation to an annual general meeting under subsection (2) (b) or (c), the company need not hold that annual general meeting.
Here is the definition of the "annual reference date";
"annual reference date" means, for an annual reference period applicable to a company,
(a) the date in that annual reference period on which the company holds its annual general meeting, or,
(b) if the company does not hold an annual general meeting in that annual reference period,
(i) the date, in that annual reference period, selected by the shareholders under section 182 (3), or
(ii) if no such date is selected, the last day of that annual reference period,
and includes, for a pre-existing company that has neither held an annual general meeting under this Act nor passed a resolution under section 182 (2) that complies with section 182 (3), the first annual reference date applicable to that company under section 183;
http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/02057_01
This is my interpretation of this, but open for comments. i am tired, so its possible that this information is not fully researched, and mistake/s may be present.
New Message
Please login to post a reply