Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

I believe Molson has perhaps hinted at the possibility for lithium being present on our Cueva Blanca, in sufficient quanity/ies. I had glanced at this possibility before, but didn,t look a whole lot into it, that I can remember. But now, I will entertain Molsons thought, a little more.

My Google is not working right now, so related material cannot be found to be posted as support. But, I believe there may be pegmatites on the Cueva Blanca, that may carry lithium, and perhaps a couple other rare earth elements. I know we have pegmatites/pegmatic material on the Tesoro, and pegmatite lithium mining is done, although perhaps not as prolific as the brine deposits. I also question the whitish color on Chance E as seen from Google Earth images, perhaps representing an alkaline presence, more pronounced than just being a form of lithic tuff?

Getting back to the Cueva Blanca, I guess the right features are present on the property which allows for the possibility of lithium being there in small economic pockets, but I can,t recall any sampling results, that looked for it or rare earths, that were publicly released.

I will also say, that the diatremes and nature of, also supports the possibility for diamonds on the property.

http://intigold.com/projects/peru-projects/cueva-blanca-peru/

The Property:

The Property covers a large epithermal alteration system developed in Tertiary volcanic rocks. The principal features of the alteration system are the two alteration zones, which are large bodies of pyritized, clay-altered, and silicified hydrothermal breccia, volcanic breccia, and lithic and lapilli tuff, and the Cruz vein system, a gold-silver bearing quartz-carbonate complex with a strike length of over 3 km.

The alteration zones, two of which are nearly 1 km2 in area, have central or core zones of angular silicified volcanic fragments in an aphanitic silica-pyrite matrix. These intensely silicified zones are interpreted to be diatremes or pipes which served as flues or conduits for hydrothermal fluids. They are enclosed within larger bodies of clay-silica altered rock, with breccia textures, which are interpreted to have been altered by vertically and laterally migrating hydrothermal solutions emanating at least in part from the diatremes. Most of the breccia bodies on the property are considered to be the products products of explosive, cyclical hydrothermal eruptions and belong to the phreatic-hydromagmatic class as defined by Sillitoe (1985). No sinter has been found on the property, indicating that the present erosional surface is everywhere lower than the paleosurface existing at the time of breccia formation.

lith·ic 2 (lthk)

adj.

Of or relating to lithium

New Message
Please login to post a reply