Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

Tsk,tsk,tsk Santa, now don,t be a poor sport. You wish for us to participate in your game, why should you say this to us? "then I will not be so inclined to participate in this game."

I will help you out a bit.

The finacials are consolidated statements, supposedly enclosing revenues of any and all subsidiaries. However, they are vague and unclear to actual operations of SLI, whereas revenue/expenditure information from Minera Santa Elisa (our Peruvian subsidiary) is mixed in with Sli revenue/expenditure information and is not distinguishable between the two. I will also mention here that supposedly by Peruvian law, that each subsidiary is required to have 2 bank accounts in Peru, one exclusively for mineral sales. This seperate Peruvian bank account for mineral sales is important in determining any mining taxes by the Peruvian Government.

In some recent information, and pertaining to the scenario encompassed by Dynacors news release, a Peruvian tax investigation is going again or ongoing. The bit of information I have received, has Dynacor proclaiming that they have paper trails for all their purchases and sales of gold/copper.Fortunately for us, I believe most of our gold was sold/processed there, however an older article suggests that our gold was also sold to China and a couple others. Further, apparently, there may be as high as 12 custom mineral/gold mills in the general area, that seem to have little to no paper work. It needs to be understood here, that in the past, locales or informales were allowed to sell so much tonnage of ore per year without any attached paper work. Because of the accelerating and highly lucrative black market for gold, and as part of the government in reigning in tax dollars escaping their country, these informales have a few months left to get registered and must in the new regime of mining, start reporting their sales. An unofficial common practise of miners in Peru were to hire informales to sell ore for the companies, whereas little to no records were kept, because the locales did not require receipts nor documentation.There was a mine east of Tesoro,near Cuszco, that had seen the owners processing over $300 million worth of gold in 2011 or 2012. I believe most of the tax was escaped here, whereas there were over 2000 locales that gathered bags of ore for the miners and possibly did not have to report the values of their ore, making it perhaps, tax exempt for mine owners. Its instances like this that sees valuable tax dollars escaping the country,and does not contribute to the economy. Keep in mind that the above is how I interpreted it with information at hand, and may not be the full facts of the Cuszco mine referenced.

New Message
Please login to post a reply