Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

With our SP halted at .025 I just sat back and let things be with my X number of shares at this value and thought "oh well, there's a little something there in my self directed accounts. Wrong!!

At RBC anyway, if you are not contributing to your accounts they charge a service fee of something like $25.00 each quarter. So, having not checked anything on line for quite a while I was shocked this week past to see my TFSA and RSP self directed accounts in the minus side of things by a couple hundred dollars. Depleted to minumun by the nose dive in our SP and then no doubt further by these service charges which I was not informed would be applied unless I was depositing at least $100.00 a month into my TFSA.

Two RBC representatives told my this over the phone a week apart. My situation was resolved on the second call by paying off my two minus balances and setting up a monthly deposit to my TFSA only.

What a ripoff; the big banks win again. I guess our government knows how to make us put funds in savings. Oh well, now I'm saving $1200.00 a year. LOL

Anyone else experience this with their financial institutiion?? Better check it out!!

BDF

New Message
Please login to post a reply