Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

I would like to update the shareholders on what I have been doing behind the scenes. I apologize for not posting earlier, but other events in my life have needed my full attention and SLI has not been my priority, although it still holds importance to me.

At the beginning of June last year, after receiving word from BCSC that there would be no charges laid, I filed a request under the Access to Information Act to receive a copy of the RCMP report. I felt that after 17 months of investiagtion, conducted by several investigators, even if there was no grounds for criminal charges, surely there had to be regulatory charges!!

Approximately one month after sending my request, I received a letter via Canada Post from the RCMP informing me that a 30 day extension of the 30 day statutory time limit would be needed to complete the report. The letter also gave me a contact number for the lady working on the report. I phoned her and she told me that due to the complexity of the report, it would take quite some time to complete. I even helped them out by contacting as many shareholders that I could think of (that gave an interview) to give their permission to release their names in the report.

A month later, the report was still not ready, so I filed a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada. They assigned an investigator to the case and worked directly with the RCMP to get the report ready for release to me. Since then, every deadline that they gave was not met and a new deadline was set. Finally, after the January deadline was not met, I demanded to know what the hold up was and her response was that the report was very complicated and they were still in consultation with 2 agencies. When I asked what 2 agencies they were consulting, the response was "Public Prosecution and BC Securities Commision"

I was informed last week that the report was now complete and sent to the manager for final approval. Also noted was that the Chief of OIC assisted in getting the RCMP to complete this report for me.

Now, 10 months later, I am still waiting for the official RCMP report, but I'm sure when I receive it, the bulk of it will be removed or blacked out.

New Message
Please login to post a reply