Welcome To The Amarok Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: NR purchase add'l 17000 acres land Ontario Abitibi belt

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, March 8, 2012 - Amarok Resources Inc. (OTCQB: AMOK) Amarok Resources Inc. (the "Company" or "Amarok") is pleased to announce it has increased its land package within the Abitibi Greenstone belt, approximately 30 miles southeast of Timmins, Ontario, Canada and approximately 35 miles west of Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada.

The new acquired lands, known as McNeil North, McNeil West and NightHawk Gold total approximately 701 claim units encompassing approximately 17,350 acres. These new claims border onto the company's 100% owned McNeil property to the North and West, and are found in Cleaver and McNeil Townships. This new acquisition brings Amarok's total land holdings in the area to over 27,000 acres. The company plans to conduct an airborne survey over the McNeil North, McNeil West and Nigh Hawk claims in the coming months. This airborne survey will tie in with the air borne survey that was completed on the McNeil property in late 2011.

Amarok's McNeil property is comprised of 256 claim units, approximately 10,100 acres (4100 hectares), and consists of numerous high-grade shafts and past showings along with many new discoveries made through recent work programs. Throughout the McNeil property, there are extensive gold mineralization occurrences and zones. The Isadore-MicMac zone covers an area of 1.2 miles by 0.6 miles and has numerous gold showings. Given the size and extent of the Isadore-MicMac zone, the potential exists for a large tonnage, "Super-Pit" style gold enrichment similar to those being currently mined near Timmins Ontario such as the Porcupine Gold Mines. Porcupine Gold Mines is owned by GoldCorp and consists of the Hoyle Pond and Dome underground mines.

Amarok is in the process of designing a work program expected to begin on the McNeil property in the spring of 2012, which will include line cutting, surveying, geological mapping and sampling, a 75km IP survey and a preliminary drilling program.

The Abitibi Greenstone belt is host to one of North America's largest gold producing districts along with the famous Porcupine-Destor fault zone. The Porcupine Mining District (Timmins) has produced in excess of 70 million ounces of gold from such famous producers as the Hollinger Mine, McIntyre Mine, Pamour Mine and Canada's longest continuously producing gold mine with nearly 100 years continuous production, the Dome Mine. The Kirkland Lake area, known as the Larder Lake Mining District, has produced in excess of 24 million ounces of gold with such famous producers as the Wright-Hargreaves Mine, the Lakeshore Mine and the Macassa Gold Mine. Combined these two districts have produced over 80 % of Canada's total gold production to date.

Amarok Resources is a US based exploration and development Company, focusing on the acquisition and development of Gold, Silver and base metal projects which demonstrate high probability for near term production. Amarok is quoted on the OTCQB under the symbol AMOK.

New Message
Please login to post a reply