Welcome To The ATW Venture HUB On AGORACOM

Acquiring and consolidating gold producing assets in Australia's most prolific gold districts

Free

Gullewa Scoping Study Underway

posted on Mar 11, 2009 10:04AM

ATW Gold hires Mining Plus for Gullewa scoping study

2009-03-11 09:14 EST - News Release

Mr. Brent Butler reports

ATW COMMENCES SCOPING STUDY FOR THE GULLEWA GOLD MINE

ATW Gold Corp. has engaged Mining Plus Pty. Ltd., of Perth, Australia, to complete a preliminary assessment or scoping study on ATW's wholly owned Deflector deposit at the Gullewa gold project in Western Australia. The preliminary assessment will be prepared in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 guidelines and based on a preliminary mine study of Deflector prepared by Mining Plus in January, 2009. As part of the scoping study, the company's current NI 43-101-compliant technical report on the Gullewa gold project will be updated.

An independent geological consulting firm is being engaged to audit the Deflector wireframes and block model, and provide a new resource statement for the study. In-house engineers, in conjunction with ATW's consulting metallurgists, will collaborate to review current metallurgical reports and provide an opinion on plant upgrading and capital costs. In addition, Mining Plus will produce a scoping level mine plan, a life-of-mine production schedule and cash flow projections.

ATW estimates that the completion of this scoping study will take 90 days and will aid the company in its preparation to bring Gullewa to production status.

Brent Butler, chief executive officer and president, commented: "After reviewing the preliminary mine study Mining Plus completed for ATW on Deflector, we are excited to take the next step in bringing Gullewa to production. We look forward to working toward bringing our second mine on-line."

We seek Safe Harbor.

New Message
Please login to post a reply