posted on Aug 08, 2008 11:19PM

Innovative Wireless Technologies website
URL:
http://www.iwtwireless.com/

IWT Provides Critical Component to Successful Mine Test

July 14, 2008

Innovative Wireless Technologies Provides Critical Component to Successful
L-3 Wireless Mesh Communications Solution

Forest, Virginia – July 15, 2008 – Innovative Wireless Technologies (IWT) today announced that in-mine operation of its wireless mesh communications technology was successfully demonstrated as part of L-3 Communications’ Wireless Mesh Mine Communications System. IWT is providing its communications technology to the team led by L-3’s Global Security & Engineering Solutions (GS&ES) division which is currently developing the system under a research and design contract from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).

This in-mine demonstration at the International Coal Group’s Sentinel Mine in Philippi, WV was conducted for personnel from the mining industry and NIOSH. As a result of this successful system event, which included demonstrations of wireless voice and data capabilities, NIOSH has authorized the L-3 GS&ES team to enter into the final phase of the research and development contract, which will result in a commercially-available product for the mining industry by the end of the year. The L-3 team will deploy a complete system in ICG’s Sentinel mine in August.

"IWT is pleased to be part of the L-3 Communications team selected by NIOSH to deliver a wireless mesh communications system in response to the MINER Act of 2006" said Eric Hansen, President and CEO of IWT. "This testing validates IWT’s wireless communication solution to provide simultaneous voice, data, and tracking to meet the needs of miners and first responders."

For additional information about IWT’s mesh technology for underground communications visit: www.iwtwireless.com. For additional information about L-3 GS&ES’s mine safety projects visit: www.L-3Com.com/mine_safety.

About L-3 Global Security & Engineering Solutions

L-3 Global Security & Engineering Solutions is a division of L-3 Services, Inc (LSI), a wholly owned subsidiary of L-3 Communications Corporation. Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, near Washington, DC, L-3 Global Security & Engineering Solutions has nearly 3,000 employees throughout the United States and worldwide providing a broad range of technical, analytical, operational, and security services and products to Government and commercial customers. Core capabilities include integrated security solutions and services, engineering and technical services, program management and financial analysis and an array of Homeland Security/Homeland Defense-related products and services.

Disclaimer: NIOSH is the federal agency that conducts research to prevent job-related injuries, illnesses, and deaths. Reference to NIOSH does not constitute a NIOSH commercial endorsement of the products or services of L-3 GS&ES or its partners.

About Innovative Wireless Technologies

Innovative Wireless Technologies (IWT) is a leading supplier of wireless ad hoc mesh radios, integrated systems and wireless design engineering services. IWT takes your problem and applies our expertise in systems engineering, modeling, software, hardware and lean manufacturing to deliver a total solution. Our radios, gateways, application software and integrated products have been deployed in some of the largest, most demanding wireless sensor networks to date. We supply our products and services to system integrators and end users in the commercial, industrial, energy, public safety and defense sectors. IWT – Transforming Ideas into Solutions through Wireless Innovations. For more information about IWT, please visit www.iwtwireless.com, or call (434) 316-5230.

Source: http://www.iwtwireless.com/News_Arti...

New Message
Please login to post a reply