Welcome To The Active Control Technology HUB On AGORACOM

We make wireless work.

Free
Message: Labor Sec. Solis scheduled to visit Patriot Coal mine

Labor Sec. Solis scheduled to visit Patriot Coal mine

posted on Aug 01, 2009 02:03PM

Note: Patriot Coal (and Magnum Coal...acquired by Patriot Coal last year) are current clients/customers of ACT.
[Quote from Ron Shuttleworth on February 4, 2009 > "ActiveMine can potentially bring U.S. mine production into the 21st century. With the ActiveMine mesh network acting as a robust data network, mine operators can monitor production in real-time, operate machinery remotely, and improve efficiencies simply with better communications. Enhanced production efficiencies could reduce production costs and help preserve margins as coal prices decline. Current clients such as Patriot Coal (PCX-NYSE) understand the potential competitive advantages."]

Labor Secretary Solis scheduled to visit WVa mine
July 31, 2009 15:44 EDT

FAIRVIEW, W.Va. (AP) -- U.S. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis is scheduled to visit a West Virginia coal mine.

The Department of Labor says Solis and Gov. Joe Manchin will visit Patriot Coal's Federal No. 2 mine Tuesday. The agency says they'll be joined by Democratic Rep. Alan Mollohan and representatives of the federal Mine Safety and Health Administration and United Mine Workers labor union.

Solis is scheduled to tour the underground Monongalia County mine and an airtight rescue chamber and have a round-table discussion with miners.

Federal No. 2 is one of West Virginia's largest underground coal mines. MSHA records show it employs about 500 people and produced more than 3 million tons of coal last year.

St. Louis, Mo.-based Patriot operates mines in West Virginia and Kentucky.

Source: http://www.wztv.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.ky/3fbe17e6-www.fox17.com.shtml

New Message
Please login to post a reply