Welcome To The Active Control Technology HUB On AGORACOM

We make wireless work.

Free

MSHA chief update - Senate vote nxt wk

posted on Oct 02, 2009 01:28AM

FYI...

MSHA chief update: Senate panel set to vote next week

by Ken Ward Jr.

The U.S. Senate’s Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions announcedtoday that it expects to take a vote next week on the nomination of JoeMain to serve as President Obama’s assistant secretary of labor incharge of the federal Mine Safety and Health Administration.

Interestingly, the HELP Committee meetingis listed as an “Executive Session,” as opposed to a confirmationhearing. The committee has decided not to hold any sort ofconfirmation hearing. Main won’t be making a statement, and senatorswon’t be asking him any questions about how he plans to run the agencyin charge of protecting the safety and health of the nation’s coalminers.

Main is the retired longtime director of the United Mine Workers of America’s health and safety department. More background in this previous post. Thanks to Ellen Smith of Mine Safety and Health News, who pointed the Senate meeting notice out to me.

Source:
http://blogs.wvgazette.com/coaltattoo/2009/10/01/msha-chief-update-senate-panel-set-to-vote-next-week/

Committee:
Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions
Date: Wednesday, October 7, 10:00 a.m.
Place: SD-430
Conference Documents:
Nomination of M. Patricia Smith, of New York, to be Solicitor, Department of Labor
Nomination of Lorelei Boylan, of New York, to be Wage and Hour Administrator, Department of Labor
Nomination of Joseph Albert Main, of Virginia, to be Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health
Nomination of William Edward Spriggs, of Virginia, to be Assistant Secretary for Policy, Department of Labor
Nomination of Dr. Regina Benjamin, of Alabama, to be Surgeon General of the Public Health Service
Any additional nominations cleared for action

Source: http://help.senate.gov/Hearings/2009_10_07_E/2009_10_07_E.html

New Message
Please login to post a reply