Welcome To The Active Control Technology HUB On AGORACOM

We make wireless work.

Free

I came accross this today and thought i would post it here and stockhouse but cant seem to paste there. Please post it on sh if you think it is worthwhile.

http://www.wju.edu/conferences/msha.asp

MSHA Communications and Tracking Workshop

March 17, 2010
9 am - 4 pm EST
@ Wheeling Jesuit University

Purpose: The Mine Safety and Health Administration will present the latest communications and tracking technology developments and implementation issues pertinent to the underground coal mining industry.

The event will be webcasted LIVE starting 15 minutes prior to each session (see agenda below).

AGENDA

Click the title of each presentation to download speaker notes/PowerPoint®.

Time

Session

Speaker

8:45 am Session I Webcast Starts

LIVE Webcast

9:00 am Welcome and Introduction

Dave Chirdon

The history of the MINER Act communication and tracking effort will be discussed starting from the introduction of the MINER Act in June 2006 and extending through the Emergency Response Plan (ERP) approval process.
9:45 am Technology Review

Juliette Hill

The A&CC Communication and Tracking Committee will review the various technologies that have been developed in the past four years and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each. The Committee will also discuss anticipated future technology developments.
10:15 am

BREAK

10:20 am Session II Webcast Starts

LIVE Webcast

10:30 am NIOSH Contract Review

Dave Snyder

A representative of the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health will present a summary of the various communication and tracking contracts that have been awarded. The NIOSH representative will also discuss current and future Office of Mine Safety and Health Research plans.
11:30 am

LUNCH

12:45 pm Session III Webcast Starts

LIVE Webcast

1:00 pm CT Approvals

Kevin Dolinar

A representative of the Electrical Safety Division will discuss the communication and tracking systems that have been issued MSHA approval. The ESD representative will also discuss the technologies currently under evaluation for MSHA approval.
1:30 pm ERP Status Overview

Dave Chirdon

Coal Mine Safety and Health enforcement personnel will share an overview of the status of ERPs.
2:00 pm

BREAK

2:05 pm Session IV Webcast Starts

LIVE Webcast

2:15 pm ERP Issues Panel Discussion
Moderated by: Dave Chirdon

Don Foster
Larry Cook
Juliette Hill

MSHA personnel will share experiences with emergency response plan evaluations. Issues ranging from the plan approval process to challenges in low seams to interference issues from different types of mines, technologies, and operators will be discussed. Additionally, issues related to the implementation of the technologies with respect to the guidance in PPL P09-V-1 will be discussed.
3:30 pm Q and A
New Message
Please login to post a reply