Welcome to the Alberta Oil Sands HUB on AGORACOM

A junior oil sands development company focused in the Athabasca oil sands region of northeast Alberta

Free

Hello Jade !

I'm sorry i can't answer your question properly , i took the liberty of submiting your question to AOS through the internet , i'll post it here as soon as i get a reply .

As for today's action i was happily surprise to see the SP rise slightly even as the market and oil price was having a terrible day .

There was an article today in the Globe & Mail concerning oil sands ( the commodity not the company ) in Alberta more particularly about Husky and BP partnerhip on the sunrise oil sands partnership going ahead with a $2.5 B investment previously estimated at $4B . The announcement follows a previous one by Conoco Phillips and Total SA valued at $1.5B .

Lower Costs and a improving economic environment seem to be driving those invetments previously put on hold .

" The two projects join a small group of others underway , showing a resurgence in oil sands project ... with development costs down as much as 40% lower oil prices allow projects to produce sustainable profits . " from Globe & Mail .

Even though the surge in US dollar value is affecting oil prices , growth should eventualy turn the table and i'm still suspicious about the rise of the dollar going forward i believe right now the markets are strongly reacting to China raising rates and fearing stimulus money being retracted will affect liquidities and risk prone investments . Some say commodity prices were too far ahead of the economy and due for a correction , yet with all the outsanding debt most countries have contracted and particularly in the US it seems to me the dollar strenght seems to be gaining mostly for it's refuge appeal and fears about other major currencies .

It's always dangerous to bet against the US dollar but i doubt it should get much stronger this year .

Regards !

Tec

New Message
Please login to post a reply