Welcome To The Alix Resources Corp HUB On AGORACOM

A Canadian-based junior exploration company with a focus on lithium exploration, with an initial priority project in Sonora, Mexico.

Free
Message: Alix Acquires Prospective Gold Claims Adjacent to Sumitomo's "Pogo" Mine in Alas

Alix Acquires Prospective Gold Claims Adjacent to Sumitomo's "Pogo" Mine in Alas

posted on Aug 08, 2009 12:56AM

Alix Acquires Prospective Gold Claims Adjacent to Sumitomo's "Pogo" Mine in Alaska
8/5/2009 10:05:53 AM - Market Wire

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, Aug 05, 2009 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX News Network) --

ALIX RESOURCES CORP. ("Alix" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: AIX)(FRANKFURT: 37N) announces it has signed a letter of agreement (LOA) to acquire two gold properties one half mile apart in the Goodpastor Mining District of Alaska. The properties, totaling 1920 acres of State of Alaska mining claims, border claims owned by International Tower Hill Mines plus are adjacent to claims owned by Sumitomo's Pogo gold mine and approximately 3.0 miles from the Pogo mine portal. Collectively, the two claim groups are known as the "Money-Rock" property.

Under the terms of the LOA, Alix has an option to earn 100% interest in Money-Rock by making cash payments totaling $210,000 over six years. The option is subject to a 2% NSR to the vendors. The NSR can be reduced to 1% for $1M US.

Bedrock on the Money-Rock group of claims is geologically similar to that which hosts the Pogo mine. State of Alaska geologists have mapped the same gneiss unit hosting the Pogo mine also underlying significant portions of the acquired claims.

The property has never been drilled and has only seen very limited surface sampling. Alix is planning an aggressive soil-sampling program to begin later this month in an effort to identify drill targets for future core drilling.

Alix Resources is a junior exploration company actively seeking mineral and energy opportunities for the benefit of all our stakeholders. For further information we invite you to visit us at www.alixresources.com.

ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD

Michael England, President

Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contacts: Alix Resources Corp. Michael England President 1-604-683-3995 or Toll Free: 1-888-945-4770 604-683-3988 (FAX) www.alixresources.com

SOURCE: Alix Resources Corp.

http://www.alixresources.com

New Message
Please login to post a reply