Welcome To The Alix Resources Corp HUB On AGORACOM

A Canadian-based junior exploration company with a focus on lithium exploration, with an initial priority project in Sonora, Mexico.

Free
Message: Alix High Grade Golden Granite Project Moving Forward
Alix High Grade Golden Granite Project Moving Forward

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - March 20, 2013) - ALIX RESOURCES CORP. ("Alix" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:AIX)(FRANKFURT:37N) announces that it has filed a Notice of Intent with the US Bureau of Land Management to undertake drilling on its 100%-owned Golden Granite Project in western Arizona. Alix has submitted a plan to drill up to 1,200 meters (4,000 ft.) of HQ diameter core from seven collars along 1.2 kilometers of pre-existing roads that parallel the historic workings. The program will test for down-dip and along-strike continuity of several, high-grade gold veins on the property, and for a bulk-tonnage gold potential similar to Newmont's 8 Moz. La Herradura gold mine located 215 kilometers to the south in Sonora, Mexico. Both Golden Granite and La Herradura host gold mineralization in ~1.7 billion year-old metaigneous and metasedimentary rocks.

At Golden Granite, twelve channel samples collected on outcrops from the Big Stick Mine over a distance of 350 feet averaged 0.388 opt Au across an average sample width of 2.34 feet, and visible gold was reported in the wall rock (Gray, D.S., 1985, Report on the geological mapping and sampling program, Santa Maria - Homestake Mine properties, 39p.). Recent sampling of the Big Stick South vein returned 3.29 g/t Au over 10 meters in a composite chip sample of the footwall (see Alix news release, February 19th, 2013). The Homestake Mine Vein located 1,200 feet east of Big Stick is reported to be up to ten feet wide underground, averaging 0.411 opt Au for fifteen channel samples across an average sample width of 4.29 feet (Gray, 1986).

A track-mounted drill operated by Altar Drilling Inc. has been secured for the project. It is anticipated that the permitting process for drilling should not take longer than several weeks.

Mike England states, "This is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate both the continuity of the high-grade veins on the property as well as testing the potential to develop the tonnage necessary to move the project along towards a development plan. The holes will be located to simultaneously test for a very large bulk-tonnage system hosted in the wall rock of the veins, similar to that at Newmont's La Herradura gold mine."

Dr. Tom E. McCandless, P.Geo. and Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101, has reviewed the technical information contained in this release.

Alix Resources is a junior exploration company actively seeking mineral opportunities for the benefit of all our stakeholders. For further information we invite you to visit us at www.alixresources.com.

ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD

Michael England, President

Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information:
Alix Resources Corp.
Michael England
President
1-604-683-3995 or Toll Free: 1-888-945-4770
www.alixresources.com
Source: Marketwire Canada (March 20, 2013 - 10:34 AM EDT)

News by QuoteMedia
www.quotemedia.com
New Message
Please login to post a reply