An Emerging Gold Producer in Arizona (Debt and Hedge-free)

313,000oz Au (M+I) of > 10 g/t

Free
Message: Kerr Mines and American Bonanza Continue Discussions on Definitive Agreement

Kerr Mines and American Bonanza Continue Discussions on Definitive Agreement

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 7, 2014) -

NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES. ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS RESTRICTION MAY CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF U.S. SECURITIES LAWS.

Kerr Mines Inc. ("Kerr Mines") (TSX:KER) and American Bonanza Gold Corp. ("American Bonanza") (TSX:BZA) announce that further to their respective press releases of January 23, 2014, they confirm that negotiations are continuing with respect to a definitive agreement pursuant to which Kerr Mines and American Bonanza will merge their respective businesses pursuant to a plan of arrangement (the "Transaction").

The parties anticipate to finalize a definitive agreement shortly and further details will be disclosed upon conclusion of negotiations.

About Kerr Mines Inc.

Kerr Mines, a Canadian-based exploration and development company, is the owner of the McGarry gold mine in Ontario's Kirkland Lake area. Including the McGarry Mine property, Kerr Mines has established a sizeable footprint of contiguous gold properties in Virginiatown on the prolific Larder Lake-Cadillac Break that extends 200 km east-west straddling the Ontario and Quebec border and that have produced 95 million ounces of gold in past operations. The McGarry Mine consists of 33 contiguous patented mining claims, including three licenses of occupation, totaling 484 hectares. The McGarry Mine is fully permitted and all equipment and systems at the site have been brought up to standards.

In addition, in December 2010, Kerr Mines signed a definitive five-year option agreement for the purchase of up to 100 percent of the mineral rights on the Kerr-Addison property, which is adjacent to the McGarry Mine. The Kerr-Addison Gold Mine was one of Canada's largest gold producers, producing more than 11 million ounces of gold during a 58-year operating life from 1938 to 1996. In December 2012, Kerr Mines completed the purchase of the mineral rights on 18 mining claims totaling 627 acres (the Barber-Larder Property) located on the western boundary of the McGarry Mine. For more information please visit Kerr Mines' website at www.kerrmines.com.

About American Bonanza Gold Corp

American Bonanza is operating the newly constructed Copperstone gold mine in Arizona, where operations have been suspended pending the completion of certain work programs and funding efforts, in order to bring the mine back into production at or above feasibility design production rates. For more information please visit Bonanza's website at www.americanbonanza.com.

http://juniorminingnetwork.com/junior-miner-news/news-releases/2120-tsx/ker/27111-kerr-mines-and-american-bonanza-continue-discussions-on-definitive-agreement.html

New Message
Please login to post a reply