Timmins - Montana - Mexico

see Brigus Gold for current activity

Free

First Gold

posted on Jun 03, 2009 08:30AM

Denver Colorado – June 2, 2009

– Apollo Gold Corporation (“Apollo,” or “we”)

(TSX:APG) (NYSE Amex: AGT) wishes to update the market respecting the progress

and development at its Black Fox mine and, in particular, is pleased to announce that

the first gold bars produced at Black Fox were poured during the last week of May 2009.

R. David Russell, President and CEO of Apollo, stated: “On May 1, 2009, we

announced that we would finalize the commissioning of the new ball mill and

progressively increase ore throughput during the month with a goal of attaining a rate of

1,500 tonnes per day by the end of the month. We also announced at that time that the

first gold pour was scheduled by month end. I am therefore happy to announce that, as

at May 31, 2009, we had poured approximately 3,300 ounces of gold dore, which

contained approximately 3,000 ounces of gold. Now that we have entered commercial

production, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our employees at Black

Fox for their dedication and professional approach in executing this project on schedule

and within budget.”

During the month of May the Black Fox mill averaged the following throughput rates:

800 tonnes per day during the first week of May, 1,400 tonnes per day during the

second week of May and just over 1,500 tonnes per day for the rest of the month. In

June, the mill is scheduled to operate in a steady state at a throughput rate of 1,500

tonnes per day. Having achieved our primary objective of processing 1,500 tonnes per

day, we now await the completion of the new crushing circuit to be completed by an

independent contractor and handed over to Apollo during the first part of July 2009.

Once the new crushing circuit has been commissioned, we expect to increase ore

throughput towards our objective of 1,800 tonnes per day by late September 2009.

The Black Fox open pit mine is now mining waste and ore at approximately 14,000

tonnes per day and the year-to-date strip ratio has averaged 4.0:1 compared to the

planned ratio for 2009 of 7.25

New Message
Please login to post a reply