Timmins - Montana - Mexico

see Brigus Gold for current activity

Free

NR low grade ore offsight mill

posted on Sep 10, 2009 10:47PM

smart...mors $$

Denver, Colorado – September 9, 2009

- Apollo Gold Corporation (“Apollo”) (TSX: APG)

(NYSE Amex: AGT) is pleased to announce that it has signed an agreement with St Andrew

Goldfields Ltd., (“St Andrew”) in which St Andrew will mill 100,000 tonnes of Apollo’s Black

Fox mine gold ore.

Apollo commenced mining open pit gold ore from its Black Fox mine in April 2009 and

commenced milling of that ore at its Black Fox mill in May 2009. To date, the Black Fox open

pit mine has produced two categories of ore: (1) higher grade ore (containing plus 3 grams of

gold per tonne) and (2) low grade ore (containing between 1 gram and 3 grams of gold per

tonne). The higher grade ores are being processed by the Black Fox mill and the low grade ores

have been stockpiled at the mine. Currently, there are approximately 120,000 tonnes of excess

low grade ores stockpiled at the Black Fox mine site with an estimated gold grade of

approximately 2.0 grams per tonne. These excess low grade ores will be trucked, using a

contractor, to St Andrew’s Holt Mill, which has a processing capacity of approximately 3,000

tonnes per day. The Holt Mill is approximately 50 kilometers from the Black Fox mine. This

toll milling arrangement is for an initial amount of 100,000 tonnes and any future milling of

Black Fox ores by St Andrew would be the subject of a separate contract.

New Message
Please login to post a reply