Timmins - Montana - Mexico

see Brigus Gold for current activity

Free
Message: NR expansion new leases between black fox and gray fox

NR expansion new leases between black fox and gray fox

posted on Sep 10, 2009 10:53PM

Hold on...here we go!

Denver, Colorado – September 10, 2009

- Apollo Gold Corporation (“Apollo”) (TSX: APG)

(NYSE Amex: AGT) is pleased to announce that it has acquired from Newmont Canada

Corporation ("Newmont"), a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation (NYSE: NEM), certain

mineral properties located in the Township of Hislop, Ontario, Canada which are contiguous to

the south-east boundary of Apollo’s Black Fox Project and the northwest boundary of Apollo’s

Grey Fox Property (see attached map). This newly acquired property, known as the Pike River

property, consists of the surface and mineral rights to approximately 1,145 acres consisting of

parcels 1735 LC, 1726 LC, 23687 SEC, 23777 SEC, 3852 SEC and 11125 SEC.

The purchase of the Pike River property links the known deposit at Apollo’s Black Fox Mine to

its Grey Fox exploration property which will enable Apollo to conduct exploration drilling over

an additional 3.5 km of strike length on the Destor Porcupine Fault Zone (“DPFZ”). Richard

Nanna, Apollo’s Senior Vice President of Exploration and Development, stated, “I am very

excited that we acquired this exploration property as we know that our Black Fox ore body is

open along strike to the southeast which is towards Pike River. Also, the southeast boundary of

Pike River abuts our Grey Fox property. We had a successful drilling program at the Grey Fox

property in 2008 intersecting gold mineralization in rocks similar to the host rocks of the Black

Fox ore deposit on the DPFZ. This drilling program verified in-filled and expanded historic

drilling results on the “Contact Zone,” which is a north-south structure in the DPFZ hanging

wall. The 2008 drilling program also hit very high grade gold mineralization in a silicified

breccia associated with the “Contact Zone”. This high grade “Calcite Zone” is unique, with a

late stage gold-calcite mineralizing event and may represent a shoot formed at a structural

intersection. As we announced in August 2009, we have commenced a 2009 drilling program on

our Grey Fox property and I now look forward to being able to extend this program to include

Pike River. To date, we have completed 10 holes of our 2009 program. I would also note that

historic drilling had positive results on the Pike River property.”

Pursuant to the terms of the purchase agreement, Apollo paid to Newmont the sum of

Cdn$100,000 and granted to Newmont a perpetual 2.5% net smelter production royalty from the

sale or other disposition of all materials produced from the Pike River Property. In addition, as

further consideration, within 30 days following the earlier of (i) the date that at least 500,000

ounces of gold equivalent minerals sufficient to be reported pursuant to Canadian National

Instrument 43-101 (“NI 43-101”) combined reserves (proven and probable) and resources

(measured, indicated and inferred) are determined to exist within the Pike River Property, or (ii)

the commencement of commercial production from any portion of the Pike River Property,

Apollo shall pay to Newmont the additional sum of Cdn$1 million.

New Message
Please login to post a reply