high performance solar technology

A Bright Future Leveraged by High-Efficiency ARISE PV Cells

Free

Mar 15, 2009 07:39AM

I know i answer my own post but but i want to straigten the facts about assumptions i made about AIG so here`s what bloomber reports

AIG Says Societe Generale, Deutsche Bank Got U.S. Aid (Update1)

Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Elizabeth Hester

March 15 (Bloomberg) -- American International Group Inc., the insurer that was bailed out by the U.S. government, said counterparties including Societe Generale and Deutsche Bank AG received $22.4 billion from Sept. 16 to Dec. 31 of last year.

The funds were paid out of the U.S. government’s initial $85 billion emergency loan to AIG, the New York-based insurer said in a statement today. As the value of the credit default swap portfolio fell, it triggered collateral provisions creating a “liquidity crisis” for AIG.

The counterparties received additional money prior to Sept. 16, the statement said.

AIG’s disclosure comes after consultation with the Federal Reserve and is intended to provide transparency around the use of government funds, the statement said.

Municipalities in states including California, Virginia and Hawaii received $12.1 billion during the same period.

To contact the reporter on this story: Elizabeth Hester in New York at [email protected].

Last Updated: March 15, 2009 16:49 EDT

New Message
Please login to post a reply