Drill ready Gold projects

2nd largest land package - Red Lake Mining District & promising properties in the "Ring of Fire"

Free

A friend of mine (Yukon Cornelius) recently asked me some pointed questions about the geology of the Sunday Anomaly in his inquisitive, research style. I have nicknamed him the devils advocate. He is a researcher by trade and takes nothing for granted. Unless he hears it from 10 world class geologists he does not believe it and even then he is not convinced.

So just to get him off my back (so to speak) I have consulted with Larry Hoover and Wicki to see if I can understand what the possibilities are.

It seems that a good geologist would easily recognize Magnetite, Hematite and Pyrite in the core using a magnifying glass. In that event it would be unlikely that the core would be sent off to the lab for further anaylysis since it would be of little value in this setting. Magnetite is a source of Iron Ore which is prevalent throught the world.

Magnetite - an IRON OXIDE with the formula Fe3O4 - highly magnetic

Magnetite reacts with oxygen to produce hematite (Fe2O3).

The question posed by Scott (YC) is "would they also be able to visually identify Pyrite in the core?"

Pyrite - an IRON SULPHIDE with the formula FeS2 - also called fools gold becuase of its visual resemblance to gold. As the formula suggests Pyrite contains a fixed ratio of iron and sulfides and the iron molecules are not replaced by other minerals as it is in Pyrrhotite. Pyrite is usually found in association with other sulphides or oxides and sometimes in association with gold. It is not magnetic.

I was assured that a geologist would visually identify Pyrite in the core.

In earlier drilling on the Sunday anomaly Tribute encountered Magmatic Massive Sulphides (similar to Eagle One) sulphides containing lower grades of Copper, Nickel and Cobalt. These are in stringer veins that are on the fringes of the anomalies that they are currently targeting. In other words they just missed the main anomalies.

Pyrrhotite - an iron sulphide mineral with a variable iron content - called magnetic Pyrite because it is weakly magnetic. Pyrrhotite has the ability to omit metal atoms creating iron vacancies...up to 20% of the crystal structure. Pyrrohtite is found in association with Pentlandite, Chalcopyrite and other sulphides such as cobalt.

Pentlandite - an iron-nickel sulphide mineral (FeNi)9S8 and also contains cobalt - it is bronze in color and non-magnetic. Nickel bearing sulphides are usually formed during sulpur saturated mafic and ultramafic melts such as the meteorite impact that created the Sudbury nickel/copper deposits.

Chalcopyrite - a copper iron sulphide mineral (CuFeS2) - dark yellow greenish color - often associated with a large variety of other trace minerals - usually found in VMS ore deposits.

What tribute is targeting is a series of anomalies identified by Vtem and ztem airborn geophysics and verified by recent borehole analysis. These are in the immediate vicinity of previous drilling that took place in early 2010. They are believed to be Massive Sulphides and contain Pentlandite, chalcopyrite, cobalt etc. Because they are the source of the stringer deposits already assayed, they are thought to contain higher concentrations of the same minerals....copper, nickel and cobalt.

Assay results should be available in September.

SN

New Message
Please login to post a reply