Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

Fearless,

Yes, I know of Sun Tzu's "Art of War" ...I haven't read the actual book, but again have seen every documentary from the Discovery Channel on his great book of thoughts on combat...whether in war or business....ways to live by! Always be aware of your surroundings and the beings in them...always the "Warrior"

The other book that is somewhat like this in thoughts, but very different in setting is 'The Teachings of Don Juan" about travels in mexico during the early hippie days with a Mexican "witchdoctor"....who taught about the spirit world of Peyote...its an interesting book of how you should live your life in the surreal world of spirits, but filled with truths.

Those sound like some great travel tales! It would be great to meet if it ever comes to pass...I like a great cabernet or french burgandy.

In my Navy days it was San Migel beer when in the P.I (Phillpine Islands)...Oh, those bar girls in Olongapo City...just across the bridge from the base at Subic bay...was one nasty ass city! 144 bars, lined up down both sides of the main street, with bars girls hanging out of the doors that had armed guards on either side...whew! those were drunken stupid sailor nights, but you had better be real careful where you went...and you better know the "rules" of that town!...don't jump any just any jeepney for a ride if you are seriously drunk or impaired by whatever...

I don't like crowds either...I try to stay out of cities when possible...I like being in forrested areas that are close to an Ocean...I like the Pacific Ocean. So, Oregon fits well for my case.

I have grown up around the San Francisco Bay Area all my life, but I try to stay away from the actual city...too many people...too much traffic.

But from the air San Francisco looks like Hong Kong! Sounds like you traveled as a private individual or for a company....that's a whole lot better way to see the World, as compared to having to fight an unpopular war as a sailor for months, in order to get 3 days in a foreign port!

Though without that opportunity who knows if I would ever have seen it otherwise!

As to your feet problems...when I had to wear boots to work every day, my feet would sweat a lot....then i would come home and take the boots off and put my feet up in the recliner by the pellet stove....ah! nice!....but I found out that the hot air was then drying out my feet too fast ,and too much ,which caused some painful cracking! start trying some of the "broken heel " cream or some type of foot cream for moisturerizing...then keep them away from heat sources like stoves or fireplaces.

Now that I'm retired (last 3 years now) and as soon as we finish our move to the new home in Oregon...I'll be open for travel again!! I haven't had need to travel to Canada, other than to get to my brother's home in Alaska, but if we can I would love to see Ottawa in the late Summerime some year in the future...we will leave it there for the time being!

Chateau Le Shaque in Oregon will always be open for guests too !

Best Regards,

Long for Cash

New Message
Please login to post a reply