130,000 oz of Gold / year - Q4 2009

Exploration & production. Properties in Nicaragua, Colombia, Panama & Russia

Free

News Release Issued: Mar 29, 2021 (11:22pm EDT)

B2Gold Provides Update on the Menankoto Permit

VANCOUVER, March 29, 2021 /CNW/ - B2Gold Corp. (TSX: BTO) (NYSE AMERICAN: BTG) (NSX: B2G) ("B2Gold" or the "Company") announces an update on the Menankoto exploration permit (the "Menankoto Permit"), which forms a part of the Anaconda area and is located 20 kilometres north of the Fekola Mine license area. The Company's Malian subsidiary, Menankoto SARL ("Menankoto") applied for a one year renewal of the Menankoto Permit in early February 2021 and was subsequently advised in early March 2021 that the new permit would not be granted to Menankoto. The Company strongly believes that Menankoto is entitled to a renewal of the permit under applicable law and is engaged in ongoing discussions with the Malian Government to clarify the situation.

Since the Company commenced its investment in Mali, B2Gold has enjoyed a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with the Government of Mali, including the ongoing grant and renewal of several exploration and other permits in the country. 

The current life of mine plan for the Fekola Mine, which is projected to produce 530,000 to 560,000 ounces of gold in 2021, does not include the Anaconda area Mineral Resource.

About B2Gold Corp.

B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has operating gold mines in Mali, Namibia and the Philippines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, Colombia and Burkina Faso. B2Gold forecasts total consolidated gold production of between 970,000 and 1,030,000 ounces in 2021.

On Behalf of B2GOLD CORP.
"Clive T. Johnson"
President & Chief Executive Officer

For more information on B2Gold please visit the Company website at www.b2gold.comor contact:

Ian MacLean          

Katie Bromley

Vice President, Investor Relations

Manager, Investor Relations & Public Relations

604-681-8371

604-681-8371

[email protected] 

New Message
Please login to post a reply