130,000 oz of Gold / year - Q4 2009
Exploration & production. Properties in Nicaragua, Colombia, Panama & Russia
Message: B2Gold Publishes it’s Water Risk Statement
2022-04-05 03:30 ET - News Release
VANCOUVER, BC, April 5, 2022 /PRNewswire/ - B2Gold Corp. (TSX: BTO) (NYSE AMERICAN: BTG) (NSX: B2G) ("B2Gold" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has published the Company's inaugural Climate Strategy Report (the "Report") and its Water Risk Statement (the "Statement"), both of which are available to view or download on B2Gold's website at www.b2gold.com.
B2Gold recognizes that climate change is a critical global challenge and understands that it must act accordingly. B2Gold is fully dedicated to providing its stakeholders with the necessary information to make informed decisions regarding its climate risks and opportunities, and the Company's management and performance relating to these risks. Accordingly, the Company has completed this Report describing its progress against implementation of the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures.
In addition, B2Gold acknowledges that access to clean and reliable water supplies is fundamental to the success of its operations and the wellbeing of its stakeholders, and the Company recognizes the need to use water efficiently, protect water resources, and collaborate with stakeholders to effectively manage this shared resource. The Statement outlines the Company's approach to identifying and managing the water risks at each of its operations.
Climate Strategy Report Highlights
- The Report outlines B2Gold's climate risk management strategy, governance, risk management approach and prioritized risks, and performance data.
- B2Gold's updated Climate Strategy includes assessing and mitigating our physical and transitional climate-related risks, assessing and reducing our carbon footprint, setting emissions reduction targets, and keeping our stakeholders informed of our performance. B2Gold has developed a set of actions to achieve this Climate Strategy.
- B2Gold developed climate scenarios in 2021, utilizing the Network for Greening the Financial System scenario outputs, including both physical- and transition-related variables, and exploring 2030 and 2050 timescales. In 2022, the Company will take the outputs from the scenario analysis and further evaluate the potential financial and other material implications for B2Gold.
- Other significant milestones in 2021 include:
- B2Gold formed a corporate Climate Risk Management Committee to update and execute its Climate Strategy;
- Each of B2Gold's operations appointed Climate Champions to communicate and lead the implementation of operations-related requirements of its Climate Strategy;
- The Fekola Mine solar plant reached full production capacity in July 2021, and generated 47.2 GWh or electricity, reducing heavy fuel oil (HFO) consumption by 10 million litres and eliminating 31,500 tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent emissions; and
- B2Gold increased substantially the proportion of its total electricity consumption from renewable sources, from 2.2% in 2020 to 9.4% in 2021.
Full details are outlined in the Report, which is available to view or download at www.b2gold.com.
Water Risk Statement Highlights:
- B2Gold is implementing its water management approach over three phases: (1) completion of a formal Water Risk Assessment; (2) development of a Global Water Strategy, based on the results of the Water Risk Assessment; and, (3) development and implementation of site-specific Water Action Plans to understand and mitigate key water risks.
- The Statement presents the results of a formal Water Risk Assessment of B2Gold's operations conducted in 2021. The Water Risk Assessment is aligned with International Council on Mining and Metal's Water Stewardship Framework, which is based on a watershed approach to water management.
- In 2022, as the Company formalizes its updated Global Water Strategy, it will develop and implement treatment actions for its identified water risks through site-specific water strategies.
Full details are outlined in the Statement, which is available to view or download at www.b2gold.com.
About B2Gold Corp.
B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has operating gold mines in Mali, Namibia and the Philippines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, Colombia, Finland and Uzbekistan. B2Gold forecasts total consolidated gold production of between 990,000 and 1,050,000 ounces in 2022.
ON BEHALF OF B2GOLD CORP.
"Clive T. Johnson"
President & Chief Executive Officer
For more information on B2Gold, please visit the Company website at www.b2gold.com or contact:
Please login to post a reply