VALUE THROUGH PRODUCTION AND DISCOVERY

Focused on the Exploration and Development through Partnership of its portfolio of Porphyry Copper Targets

Free

What's Bell Worth? Some Scenarios...

posted on Jul 11, 2009 09:39PM
Mesa1 has returned and, over the weekend, posted this info taken from Richard Reinhard's Growth Stock Weekly newsletter. I assume he had Richard's blessing, but as it's now in a public forum, I'm reposting it below.

BCU rose some 53% on Friday, after a gain of more than 30% on Thursday.

Some folks are obviously excited about the prelim K-6 results. Or is it just the GSW write-up?

I'd also like to ask Mesa1 that, should we have a discovery at Kabba, and given the relatively shallowness of any such deposit, might the "typical 5 cents in situ pound" be on the low side?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... catching up to what has to be the lowest risk, highest reward opportunity to come along that I can remember over my 25 years in these markets. Richard Reinhard put it rather eloquently to his newsletter subscribers back on July 6th ...

Doing an in-situ calculation is a good ballpark way of understanding what a project like this could be worth. Yes it's premature, but allow me to show what the stakes are here.

If we take a typical 5c per in situ pound as a takeout target figure for Kabba (and assume a spin-off of Sombrero Butte and the Granduc, and a sale of La Balsa) and assume only an average Arizona porphyry of 1.327 billion tonnes with average grades (0.736% Cu,0.007% Mo, 0.08g/t Au, 2.78g/t Ag), and a fully diluted 200 million shares outstanding (less than 1/2 of that right now), it works out to C$5.38 per Bell share.

Now, this is where it gets really interesting. If this ends up being the 4 billion tonne monster that the 15 square kilometre footprint suggests, all things equal we calculate C$25.03 per share. Something the size of a Chuquicamata (a 15 billion tonne behemoth)...and we're talking C$81.21 per share.

Anyway, you get the idea. I suspect we could see a fairly quick recovery for Bell shares, initially back to levels last seen one year ago, once the right funds get a sniff of what us long-suffering and amazingly patient shareholders have been holding on for.

What would be sad, but typical, is current shareholders selling out as doubles become triples and quadruples - replaced by geologically and technically-savvy money that rushes in when discoveries first come to light - and taking the lion's share of the upside. Bell's share price is at 12.5 cents today, and rising.

Stay tuned - it's early days but looking very good.

Kinda puts things in perspective!
New Message
Please login to post a reply