Welcome to the Bioasis Technologies Hub On AGORACOM

Free

John Carroll of FierceBiotech (FierceMarkets) has a bad memory. He has heard about biOasis. Last year (July 25, 2015), I sent an email to Carroll and to FierceBiotech's editor, Damian Garde, in response to Garde's article about Alzheimer's.

Just below is that email, addressed to Mr. Garde and cc.'d to John Carroll. I offer it exactly as it was sent.

The email:

Dear Mr. Garde,

As always, you have produced an excellent article with your recent take on the state of biopharmas' work with Alzheimer's. However, there is one thing consistently missing from all such articles and that is the mention of the role that the blood-brain barrier may be playing in the lack of success with large-molecule biologics such as solanezumab. These drugs may actually work but are simply too large to get into the brain in sufficient quantities to be efficacious. Success continues to depend on very limited leakage across the BBB. That dependency may very soon change.

biOasis Technologies Inc., www.bioasis.ca, has had remarkable success with the transport of biologics across the BBB using a peptide carrier based on melanotransferrin. Animal studies have shown success with Herceptin and HER2+ breast cancer brain metastases, an siRNA therapeutic with ischemic stroke, enzyme replacement therapy with LSDs, etc. Recent agreements with Harvard's Brigham & Women's Hospital, Maurizio Scarpa's Brains for Brain Foundation, CQDM and other institutions attest to the continued success and potential of the biOasis Transcend Platform technology. It's seems very likely that human clinical trials will proceed in the months ahead.

There are a great many approved and promising drugs out there that could treat a host of very nasty neuro diseases - if they could be transported into the brain. A universal carrier that is safe, that doesn't change the pharmacokinetics and efficacy of the drugs that it transports, and that allows for easy manufacture at low costs, is a carrier that will make the news and will be embraced by industry.

I think that biOasis's successes and its expanding relationships with major institutions represent a level of validation that warrants media examination and reporting. Who in the media will be among the first to take a serious look at the biOasis Transcend Platform technology for the transport of drugs across the BBB?

FierceMarkets is an extraordinarily important source of pharmaceutical industry information and opinion. I often reference Fierce articles in my work. I understand the fine line that the biotech media must walk when considering new technologies. Only you and your editors can determine whether it's time for FierceMarkets to start watching biOasis Technologies, or to perhaps even write about it.

Please note that I have a financial interest in the success or failure of biOasis Technologies. I am also a contracted copywriter and consultant to biOasis, although I am not writing to you in an official capacity. This email represents my own interest in having the media become aware of the potential of biOasis Technologies. After years of interest in biOasis, I believe it's finally time for the media to share that interest. This email is, and will remain for a while, my only attempt to encourage a media outlet to start watching biOasis, although in the last few days I did edit (for accuracy) an 800-word piece about biOasis that will appear in a major publication in the weeks ahead.

For me, both as a writer and as an investor, biOasis is important and I must remain objective about it. If you wish to begin watching biOasis and if I can help you in any way, then I am available to answer whatever questions you might have about the company, its technology, its relationships and its management.

Keep up the great work.

Best regards,

John Davenport

250-448-1880

I did not receive a response nor even acknowledgement of the receipt of the email, which is just about what I expected. It's up to biOasis and its partners to generate the news that cause a response from the biotech, financial and popular media.

jdstox

New Message
Please login to post a reply