Welcome to the Bioasis Technologies Hub On AGORACOM

Free
Message: Bioasis Strengthens Senior Management Team with Appointment of Caroline Dircks, Ph.D. as Chief Operating Officer

Bioasis Strengthens Senior Management Team with Appointment of Caroline Dircks, Ph.D. as Chief Operating Officer

posted on Aug 16, 2019 06:53AM

Bioasis Strengthens Senior Management Team with Appointment of Caroline Dircks, Ph.D. as Chief Operating Officer

https://www.bioasis.us/bioasis-strengthens-senior-management-team-with-appointment-of-caroline-dircks-ph-d-as-chief-operating-officer/

Aug. 15, 2019, GUILFORD, Conn.

BIOASIS TECHNOLOGIES INC. (OTCQB:BIOAF; TSX.V:BTI), ), a pre-clinical, research-stage biopharmaceutical company developing its proprietary xB3 TM platform technology for the delivery of therapeutics across the blood-brain barrier (the “BBB”) and the treatment of central nervous system (“CNS”) disorders in areas of high unmet medical need, including brain cancers and neurodegenerative diseases, today announced the appointment of Caroline Dircks, Ph.D., as Chief Operating Officer. Dr. Dircks served as Bioasis’ Senior Vice President, R&D Operations since March 2018.

“I am delighted to welcome Caroline as the Chief Operating Officer of Bioasis. After working directly with her this past year, Caroline has demonstrated excellent leadership skills and the drive to implement Bioasis’ growth and development strategy,” said Deborah Rathjen, Ph.D., Executive Chair and President & Chief Executive Officer of Bioasis. “We look forward to working with Caroline in this capacity as we advance our xB3 programs toward the clinic.”

Prior to joining Bioasis, Dr. Dircks spent 13 years at Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) in research and development (R&D) operations, with her most recent role as head of regional R&D operations and schedule management. Before that, she spent eight years at Vion Pharmaceuticals, as a research scientist in microbiology and ending her tenure as Director quality control, analytical and bio-analytical development and manufacturing. Dr. Dircks earned her bachelor of arts degree in biochemistry from Clark University and her doctor of philosophy degree in biochemistry and molecular biology from the University of Massachusetts Medical School and completed her post-doctoral work at Yale University. While at Yale, Caroline helped to establish the Connecticut chapter for the Association for Women in Science and served as the organization’s president from 2001-2003.

“I believe Bioasis is an exceptional company with an innovative technology that can significantly change the way we treat CNS diseases and disorders, and I am pleased to have had the opportunity to contribute to this past year,” said Dr. Dircks. “I am thrilled to advance my role as Chief Operations Officer to help deliver therapeutics across the blood-brain barrier for the treatment of disorders with serious unmet medical needs.”

About Bioasis

Bioasis Technologies Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing the xB3 platform, a proprietary technology for the delivery of therapeutics across the BBB and the treatment of CNS disorders in areas of high unmet medical need. The delivery of therapeutics across the BBB represents the final frontier in treating neurological disorders. Bioasis’ internal pipeline programs are focused on treatments for orphan indications, including certain brain cancers, and rare diseases, including Gaucher’s Disease Type II. The Company maintains headquarters in Guilford, Connecticut. Bioasis trades on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol “BTI” and on the OTCQB under the symbol “BIOAF.” For more information about the Company, please visit www.bioasis.us.

CONTACT

Deborah Rathjen
+1 203 533 7082 

New Message
Please login to post a reply