Welcome to the Bioasis Technologies Hub On AGORACOM

Free

John is very well connected with BiOasis and does some work for them.

I pay close attention to his posts:

"

What Kind of News to Expect

MineDigger asked, "Any chance of some useful insight into the world of Bioasis? You used to do us the service of 'reading between the lines' of the scientific NRs, but the lines are non-existent nowadays."

I believe that Bioasis is a commercial play right now, with the company being far more likely to release business development news than scientific news. We're in late preclinical stages with xB3-001. There are no proof-of-concept studies to do, nothing that would generate earth shattering scientific news. We’re focused on xB3-001 and the other xB3 programs require money and/or partnerships for advancement. I don’t really see our own pipeline development programs producing scientific news, not in the short term. But our pipeline could produce partnership news, or one or more them could be sold. It’s realistic to consider that one or more of our pipeline drugs could produce a BD deal.

We have bioanalytical and toxicology studies to do with xB3-001 but they’re confirmatory studies that are required for our IND submission to the FDA. It’s my understanding that the toxicology study will be done on nonhuman primates. Success of these studies is important, but success is also expected. However, with success, the market may begin to realize how well xB3-001 is performing and how close to human clinical trials that we are actually getting.

The company has a number of collaborations going on that could produce some scientific news, but pharmaceutical companies generally do not release much news about early R&D work. The first news out of those situations would very well be licensing or some other collaboration agreements. Mind you, it’s unlikely that there could be BD deals unless the science was working out, so scientific advancement, if not direct news, would be implicit with BD news.

This is about money and validation right now. I get calls every day about money. We see MBT123 post his 15 cent, two cents worth. People tell me we’re going to run out of money this month or next month but I see no effort on the part of the company to do a financing. Why not, if we're running out of money? We have done two bridge loans instead of financings. Why was that? Could it be that the company believes (or knows?) that we’ll have money soon enough? I think that, for once, investors might consider these questions and come to more promising conclusions than they currently seem to be. 

It’s all about BD news for me. Bioasis is squarely on the record with respect to BD deals. Read the financial reports and listen to the webcasts. They all come very close to stating that deals are being pursued and are expected to happen. Regulators don’t like public companies to use words like “negotiations” or to even imply that deals are expected. Bioasis is using the word "negotiations" in the fullness of its meaning, and is expressing high expectations of deals getting done.

I spent a very pleasant hour on the phone with DrDR last evening. I’m not going to discuss the details of our call but I urge you to pay attention to what she’s been stating publicly. And instead of picking everything apart in cynical ways, just consider that she may very well be sending as big a signal as she possibly can that not only Bioasis considers xB3 to be a huge opportunity, but that others do as well, and may very well act soon on those opportunities."

jdstox 

New Message
Please login to post a reply