Did you know?
You can earn activity points by filling your profile with information about yourself (what city you live in, your favorite team, blogs etc.)
Files Audited Year End 2008 Financial Statements
Mar 26, 2009 01:54PM
March 26, 2009
Pearl Files Audited Year End 2008 Financial Statements, Annual Information Form and Management Information Circular
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - March 26, 2009) - Pearl Exploration and Production Ltd. ("Pearl" or the "Company") (TSX:PXX)(FIRST NORTH:PXXS) reports that it has filed the Company's Audited 2008 Year End Financial Statements, Annual Information Form, Management Information Form and Notice of Annual and Special Meeting to be held May 6, 2009 in accordance with Canadian securities regulations. The Annual Information Form includes the Company's reserves report for the period ended December 31, 2008 as evaluated by DeGolyer and MacNaughton Canada Ltd. and prepared in accordance with National Instrument 51-101 Standards of Disclosure for Oil and Gas Activities. Copies of these documents may be obtained through SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
The Company also advises that the holders of Swedish Depository Receipts ("SDRs") in Pearl as at March 25, 2009 are entitled to vote at the Annual and Special Meeting of shareholders. Forms for registration to vote SDRs by proxy can be ordered from E. Ohman J:or Fondkommission AB by telephone +46 8 402 51 32. The forms should be returned to E. Ohman J:or Fondkommission AB no later than April 28, 2009.
The Annual and Special Meeting will be held in the Viking Room at the Calgary Petroleum Club, 319 - 5th Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta, on Wednesday, the 6th day of May, 2009 at 10:00am (Calgary time) for the following purposes:
- to receive the audited consolidated financial statements of the Corporation for the year ended December 31, 2008;
- to fix the Board of Directors of the Corporation at five (5) members;
- to elect the Board of Directors for the ensuing year;
- to appoint PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Chartered Accountants, Calgary, Alberta, as the auditors of the Corporation for the ensuing financial year at a remuneration to be determined by the Board of Directors;
- to consider and, if thought appropriate, approve a special resolution, as set forth in the management information circular relating to the Meeting, to change the name of the Corporation from "Pearl Exploration and Production Ltd." to "BlackPearl Resources Inc."; and
- to consider and, if thought appropriate, approve an ordinary resolution, as set forth in the management information circular relating to the Meeting, adopting a new stock option plan for the Corporation.
Pearl's Certified Advisor on First North is E. Ohman J:or Fondkommission AB.