primary business is mineral exploration

Royalty interest in two producing mines in Flin Flon, Manitoba

Free
Message: Mike Muzylowski to be Inducted into Canadian Mining Hall of Fame
Mike Muzylowski to be Inducted into Canadian Mining Hall of Fame

Jan. 11, 2011 (PR Newswire) --

TORONTO - In recognition of a storied mining career that spans five decades, Mike Muzylowski, Callinan President and CEO, is being inducted into the Canadian Mining Hall of Fame.

In a ceremony to be held this coming Thursday, January the 13th, 2011, Mike Muzylowski will be enshrined amongst other great Canadian Developers. The Hall of Fame's official citation will pay tribute to his instrumental role in the discovery of 16 producing mines that have "earned him the title of 'Mr. Mine Finder.'"

Mr. Muzylowski's career accomplishments include the discovery and development of the Trout Lake and Tartan Lake mines in Flin Flon, Manitoba, and the Hycroft mine in the state of Nevada. Mike also assisted in the discovery and development of the New Afton mine near Kamloops, BC, among numerous others. Whenever these discoveries are discussed, Mike is careful to give credit to the geological and geophysical professionals who worked alongside him - most notably Pat J. DeVeaux and Mo Prew.

Mike's career in mining burgeoned through the application of techniques pioneered by fellow hall of famer Albert A. Koffman who advocated aggressive drill testing of targets established through airborne geophysics, and defined by surface geophysics. Much of Mike's work was done in the Flin Flon and Snow Lake areas of the province of Manitoba, where the company that he leads is still very active today.

Callinan's staff and board of directors are very proud to be associated with Mr. Muzylowski and congratulate him for this well deserved award. The board wishes him the very best on the continuation of his successful career.

On Behalf of Callinan's Staff and Board of Directors,

Brian Irwin

Brian Irwin

Director

SOURCE Callinan Mines Ltd.

Source: PR Newswire (January 11, 2011 - 6:43 PM EST)

New Message
Please login to post a reply