Welcome To The Cannasat Therapeutics HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: Cannasat Therapeutics Names Nathan Bryson Chief Scientific Officer

Cannasat Therapeutics Names Nathan Bryson Chief Scientific Officer

posted on May 15, 2009 09:37AM
May 15, 2009
Cannasat Therapeutics Names Nathan Bryson Chief Scientific Officer
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - May 15, 2009) - Cannasat Therapeutics Inc. (TSX VENTURE:CTH) ("Cannasat") today announced that Dr. Nathan Bryson, PhD, has been named Chief Scientific Officer, effective May 15, 2009.

Dr. Bryson has worked as a consultant and advisor to Cannasat since November 2007. He has contributed significantly to the drug formulation work for both the Relivar and Modulyn drug candidates, the development and execution of intellectual property strategy, and towards the development of clinical and regulatory plans.

Dr. Bryson draws from more than 18 years of experience in pharmaceutical development, having held scientific and executive management level positions at Flamel Technologies, Bionisis and Matregen Corp. Dr. Bryson has a strong knowledge of early-stage drug product development and formulation and has (co)authored more than 20 patents. He holds a BSc in Chemistry from Auburn University and a PhD in Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

Dr. Bryson stated: "I have seen Cannasat successfully develop from a pre-clinical to a clinical stage pharmaceutical company. I look forward to the next challenge of guiding the company through the regulatory process and to help successfully license our products to partner companies. I am excited to move into a role where I work even more closely with Cannasat's experienced and accomplished team."

Nathan Bryson succeeds Umar Syed who will continue to serve as a consultant to Cannasat to assist with business development, strategic relationships, licensing and clinical development support.

David Hill, Chief Executive Officer added: "I am pleased with the appointment of Nathan as our Chief Scientific Officer. He has a strong scientific background, especially in formulation development, and he has a keen understanding of what it will take to bring our products to market. Dr. Bryson's appointment to this leadership role further demonstrates Cannasat's commitment to developing safe and effective products to help patients with unmet medical needs."

About Cannasat Therapeutics

Cannasat is a clinical stage pharmaceutical company developing products to treat neurological disorders such as neuropathic pain and schizophrenia. Cannasat currently has two new drugs in its pipeline: Relivar and Modulyn. Over the next 12 months, Cannasat plans to advance Relivar and Modulyn with further clinical testing and is positioning itself to enter marketing agreements with select Pharma partners. Pharma collaborations will create a pathway towards the future commercialization, as well as provide important new investment to develop a pipeline of additional CNS/neurology product candidates. More information about Cannasat (TSX VENTURE:CTH) is available at www.cannasat.com.
New Message
Please login to post a reply