Significant gold resource - Excellent infrastructure

Camino Rojo Mexico : In-situ - 4.0 million ounces gold; 68.32 million ounces of silver.

Free
Message: Canplats Commences Pre-Feasibility Studies At Camino Rojo

Canplats Commences Pre-Feasibility Studies At Camino Rojo

posted on Sep 24, 2009 08:45AM

Canplats Commences Pre-Feasibility Studies At Camino Rojo

Thursday September 24, 2009, 8:30 am EDT

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Sept. 24, 2009) - Canplats Resources Corporation (TSX VENTURE:CPQ - OTC:CPQRF) is pleased to announce that the in-house technical assessment of the Represa Zone has now been completed and the Company has engaged Mine and Quarry Engineering Services, Inc. ("MQes") of San Mateo, California, to conduct a pre-feasibility study for the project. The Represa pre-feasibility study will provide a comprehensive technical and economic examination of key parameters for large-scale heap-leach mining of oxide and transitional mineralization. One aspect of this program, further metallurgical testwork, is currently underway.

MQes is a specialized consulting and engineering company supplying geological, mining and process engineering services to the mining industry worldwide. The company comprises a group of leading professionals in the technical disciplines of geology, geostatistics, mine planning, mineral dressing, metallurgy, chemical engineering, process design, cost estimation, and project management, supported by mechanical, electrical, civil, structural and instrumentation design engineers.

The wholly-owned Camino Rojo project hosts measured and indicated resources estimated at 3.44 million ounces of gold and 60.7 million ounces of silver at the Represa Zone with additional inferred resources of 0.56 million ounces of gold and 7.6 million ounces of silver (see news release dated November 24, 2008 and table to follow). Mineralization remains open for further expansion in both strike directions and to depth.

The Represa Zone is situated in flat terrain within an area of excellent infrastructure, less than 5 kilometers from a paved highway and high voltage power lines. Canplats is actively pursuing the acquisition of surface rights in the Represa area.

REPRESA MINERAL RESOURCE SUMMARY(i) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Size Grade
-------------------------------------- Gold Silver
Tonnes Gold Silver Zinc Lead Ounces Ounces
Category (Millions) (g/t) (g/t) (%) (%) (000's) (000's)
Measured 9.58 0.76 13.40 0.34 0.29 235 4,126
Indicated 153.81 0.65 11.44 0.37 0.18 3,210 56,582
Total M&I 163.39 0.66 11.56 0.37 0.19 3,445 60,708
Inferred 31.03 0.56 7.63 0.31 0.10 555 7,612
(i) Based upon a cut-off grade of 0.2 grams gold per tonne for oxide
and transitional resources, with a cut-off grade of 0.3 grams gold
per tonne for sulphide resources.