Welcome To The Castillian Resources Corp HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: Castillian Extends Pit Zone and Mine Zone at Hope Brook Project,

Newfoundland-Intersects 1.44 Grams Gold Per Tonne Over 28.0 Metres in Pit Zone

ccnm

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 21, 2011) - Castillian Resources Corporation ("Castillian" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:CT) is pleased to report results from two (2) additional drill holes and announce the re-commencement of drilling at its Hope Brook Gold Project located on the southwest coast of Newfoundland. Significant drill results are detailed in Table 1 below. Highlights are as follows:

"PIT ZONE"
- Near Surface Gold Zone Southwest of former Open Pit Mine

1.44 g Au/t over 28.0 m core length (21.1 m true width) from 61.90 m to 89.90 m including 3.56 g Au/t over 5.9 m core length (4.5 m true width) in Hole HB10-009 approximately 270m southwest of the open pit. This hole is on section and about 40 m below the intersection of 2.08 g Au/t over 15.3 m core length (11.6 m true width) in Hole HB10-004 previously reported (see press release December 1, 2010) confirming the downdip extent of the gold mineralized zone. The Pit Zone has a minimum strike extent of 500 m. A track mounted diamond drill is being mobilized to the project to accelerate the delineation of this zone to provide data for a NI 43-101 resource estimate later in 2011.

"MINE ZONE" - Extension of the Main Mineralized Zone mined from the previous Underground Operation

3.17 grams gold per tonne (g Au/t) and 0.91% copper (Cu) over 9.90 metres (m) (6.0 m true width) within a broad zone of mineralization grading 1.08 g Au/t and 0.22 % Cu over 69.10 m core length (41.6 m true width) in Hole HB10-008. This hole intersected the main mineralized zone approximately 50 m southwest of the 4800 level in the former Hope Brook mine which is about 340 metres below surface and confirms that the main zone mined underground continues southwest of the old workings.

Dr. Bill Pearson, P.Geo., President & CEO of Castillian commented: "We are very pleased with the results of our initial drill program at Hope Brook. These results confirm the excellent potential of our major target areas both near surface and for extensions of the zone previously mined from underground. The Hope Brook Mine closed during a period of very low gold prices, well before the deposit was completely mined out. We believe we are in a fortunate situation where we can extend the known mineralization from the unmined parts of the Hope Brook deposit and build toward a NI 43-101 resource estimate later this year. Significantly, many of the deeper historic drill holes appear to have been too short to fully test the target zone. In view of these results, Castillian will be expanding the drill program by an additional 10,000 metres and will be adding a second mobile drill to delineate the near surface target zone which to date extends more than 500 metres southwest of the past producing open pit. The drill, currently on site, will focus on expanding the Hope Brook Deposit Mine Zone southwest and below the mine workings, as well as further testing the new hanging wall zone."

Table 1: Summary of Significant Drilling Results, Hope Brook Gold Project, January 21, 2011

NOTE.....see PRESS RELEASES LATER FOR SUMMARY and remainder of news.

.......RL

New Message
Please login to post a reply