12 million ounces gold equivalent drilled

A mine in the making

Free
Message: Cerro Resources NL: Cerro del Gallo Gold/Silver Project
Cerro Resources NL: Cerro del Gallo Gold/Silver Project

- Positive Feasibility on First Stage - Heap Leach Years 1-8

- Positive Preliminary Assessment on Potential Second Stage - CIL and Heap Leach Years 5-15

Apr. 12, 2011 (Marketwire Canada) --

LONGUEUIL, QUEBEC -- Cerro Resources NL (ASX:CJO)(TSX VENTURE:CJO) has undertaken:

• a Feasibility Study on the first stage (years 1 - 8) development of the Cerro del Gallo Gold / Silver heap leach project; and
  • a Preliminary Assessment study on the second stage of the Cerro del Gallo heap leach & carbon-in-leach (CIL) processing facility (years 5 – 15)

HIGHLIGHTS:

FIRST STAGE FEASIBILITY ON PROVEN AND PROBABLE RESERVES – HEAP LEACH

• Total proven & probable reserves: 32.2Mt*

(initial 8 years of heap leaching producing 0.446 Moz gold and 5.32 Moz silver)
  • Operation consisting of 4.5Mtpa heap leach with 3-stage crushing

SECOND STAGE PRELIMINARY ASSESSMENT ON MEASURED AND INDICATED RESOURCES - HEAP LEACH / CIL PROCESSING

• Additional in-pit measured & indicated resources: 45.0Mt+

(inside the optimised pit producing 0.682 Moz gold and 4.73 Moz silver from heap leaching and carbon-in-leach processing - pit optimised using US$1,020/oz gold and US$16.40/oz silver)
  • Expanded facilities for additional 3.0 Mtpa CIL processing, increasing annual processing rate to up to 7.5Mtpa

OTHER

• Projected mine life of 14.3 years^ and average annual production over mine life 90,800 AuEq (at Gold price of US$1,157/oz and silver price of US$19.81/oz with gold:silver price ratio of 58.4 and on assumption mineral resources will convert to mineral reserves)
  • Project 66% owned by Cerro Resources (Goldcorp 34%)
  • Potential cash flow model outputs are shown in the following table:

http://www.cerroresources.com/?LinkServID=47BB72FA-EEE1-16C1-9E921AFAD7FF4CD9&showMeta=0

New Message
Please login to post a reply