Welcome To The CoalCorp Mining Inc HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: Coalcorp Announces Appointment of Colombian Chief Operating Officer

Coalcorp Announces Appointment of Colombian Chief Operating Officer

posted on Jun 09, 2008 02:39PM

Coalcorp Announces Appointment of Colombian Chief Operating Officer

TORONTO, Jun 9, 2008 (Canada NewsWire via COMTEX News Network) --

Coalcorp Mining Inc. (TSX-CCJ) announced today the appointment of John Malysa as the Chief Operating Officer of the company's Colombian operations effective June 1, 2008. John will be based in Colombia with a particular focus on the implementation of the company's recently announced strategic plan.

John is a Registered Professional Engineer with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mining Engineering and an MBA. John has over thirty years of experience in all aspects of both surface and underground mine exploration, design, feasibility, construction and operations management, including over eighteen years of experience working in South America. His recent work experience in South America includes acting as General Manager of a gold mine in Venezuela for Gold Fields Limited, as President of Ecuadorian Operations for Ecuacorriente Resources (a subsidiary of Corriente Resources Inc.), and as General Manager of a coal mine in Venezuela for Carbones de la Guajira (a subsidiary of Interamerican Coal N.V.).

Coalcorp is a coal mining, exploration and development company with interests in the La Francia and La Caypa coal mines and related infrastructure projects and a number of coal exploration properties, all located in Colombia. Further information can be obtained by visiting our website www.coalcorp.ca.

%SEDAR: 00004043E

SOURCE: Coalcorp Mining Inc.

Peter Volk, General Counsel and Secretary, (416) 360-4653

Copyright (C) 2008 CNW Group. All rights reserve

New Message
Please login to post a reply