Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Absolutely agreed, I think you've mistaken my post for somebody else's, or I didn't present myself well. I wish I had Jurek's (and your) insight with the numbers and such. I was afraid my words would be misunderstood; it's so difficult to pose questions via blog/e-mail etc. We need a web cam here.

My musings were that if Jurek's in such disagreement with the business model, why does he invest in the company? Isn't that a reasonable question? It's probably a good thing for us, because if he doesn't like the model and still invests, while on the other hand we do like the model and invest ... win/win ? The bottom line is that he expects to make money. It's great to have someone so intelligent presenting credible data, and ideas such as the debentures which unfortunately I can't take advantage of through my investment plan.

I've invested in business models I didn't care for also -- underfunded small companies with lots of resources -- in the hopes someone would realize how much value was there and come in as a partner. So I was just pondering what Jurek's reasons were, and agree that he's quite talented with the numbers and appreciate all input here on this board.

And also with Digger, I saw the post you D were speaking of and found it quite humorous. I really enjoy your stuff because you have such diverse knowledge of the industry and geography, and post some stuff that really makes me smile. Keep it up! I hope we can all retain a sense of humour and civility. I'm learning so much here, just hope I can retain some of it. Tough environment lately ... such fantastic news today with only a small move ... better than many others though. IMO Connacher's really got their ducks in a row and executing on their plan.

New Message
Please login to post a reply