Welcome To The Continuum Resources Ltd. HUB On AGORACOM

Free
Continuum increases exploration on Oaxaca gold projects
12:01 EST Thursday, February 28, 2008

TSX-V: CNU

VANCOUVER, Feb. 28 /CNW Telbec/ - Dale Schultz, Vice President Exploration of Continuum Resources Ltd. (TSXV:CNU) announces that the Company has re-examined its concession holdings within Oaxaca and plans to increase exploration activities on two gold projects located near the Company's 100% owned Tres-Hermanas project. The two concessions in question are the 100% owned Peras-Parian (75,000 ha) and Cuatro Venados (3,631 ha.) blocks. A map illustrating the locations of these concessions can be viewed athttp://www.continuumresources.com&...

Both the Parian-Peras and Cuatro Venados concessions contain high-grade gold mesothermal quartz veins hosted by Precambrian rocks, similar in character to deposits hosted in the Precambrian rocks of Northern Manitoba / North-Western Ontario. Grades returned from recognisant-level sampling of these veins range from 5 to 45 g/t gold.

Peras-Parian (100% CNU) -75,000 ha.

This concession contains a number of historic mines (Cinco Senores, El Culebron, El Manzanito, El Ocote, El Rescate, El Resurguimiento, El Rosario, El Tirito, El Zopilote, La Cucharita, La Platera, La Soledad, Las Animas, and Las Cucharitas) that date back to the colonial era prior to the Mexican War of Independence. The most significant historic mine is the Oro del Carmen mine located in the southern portion of the concession, approximately an hour's drive from the Tres-Hermanas project. This property has seen recent production in the mid 1990s, and some of the mine infrastructure is still in place (i.e. ball mill, gravimetric table, and power line; seewww.continuumresources.com/powerp... for photos). The vein of the Carmen mine is hosted in east-west steeply dipping structures within gneissic lithologies, having a strike extent of 500 metres, a down dip extent of over 300 metres, with an average width of between 1.0 and 1.5 metres and open in all directions. Historical grades reported from the Carmen mine are upwards of 128 grams per tonne Au. Recent sampling of the abandoned storage dumps by Continuum staff has returned values of over 30 g/t Au.

Cuatro Venados (100% CNU) -3,631 ha.

Similar to Peras-Parian, Cuatro Venados contains a number of old colonial workings (Santa Ineswww.continuumresources.com/power... ). This concession block is located approximately a one hour drive southwest from the city of Oaxaca, and these historic workings contain veins that range in width from 1.0 metre to a 1.5 metres. Abandoned dump material from the colonial times have returned values of 1.44 to 12.6 g/t Au and up to 1145 g/t Ag.

Currently the Company is mobilizing a prospecting and mapping crew to commence more detailed work on these two concession blocks. Permitting for diamond drilling will also commence immediately in order to have permits in place by Q3 - 2008 for drilling.

Background

Continuum is currently exploring 9 separate gold-silver projects in the state of Oaxaca, comprising approximately 125,000 hectares. Continuum is also 24% joint venture partner with Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. (TSXV: FVI) on the silver project, on which drilling continues to expand on the resource estimate previously announced by the Company on March 12, 2007.

On Behalf of the Board of Directors of

CONTINUUM RESOURCES CORP.

Per: "Dale Schultz"

Dale Schultz, Vice President Exploration

New Message
Please login to post a reply