Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free
Message: I received a letter from the Minister of the Environment: Federal level

Hello all,

I will share a letter (digital through PDF) I received from Canada's Environment Minister of the federal government. I had the great pleasure to exchange communication with the Honourable Leona Aglukkaq. Her duties include overseeing the federal government's environment department: Environment Canada. The Minister is also responsible for overseeing Parks Canada and the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minister_of_the_Environment_(Canada)

I know my post will not make everyone happy but any informative and descriptive content should be viewed as important and relevant when an investor or researcher is conducting due diligence when trying to uncover any information. I was unable to post last night as I had other obligations but I was so excited personally that when I got that letter I had to let people know I had some good information to share with the board.

The letter that was sent to me will be forwarded by email to a couple of reputable individuals to verify and confirm its authenticity.

The letter from our federal minister of the Environment: Honourable Leona Aglukkaq (sorry about formatting and font type and I bolded important statements)

Ministre de I'Environnement Minister of the Environment

Ottawa, Canada K1 A OH3

FEB 0 6 2014

Mr. Michael xxxxxxxxx

[email protected]

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxx:

Thank you for your correspondence of November 8, 2013, concerning the

environmental assessment of mines in British Columbia (B.C.) and Canada.

As part of the government's plan for Responsible Resource Development; the

Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012(CEAA 2012) ensures timely,

efficient and effective environmental assessments of major projects. Statutory

timelines in CEAA 2012 include completion of an environmental assessment by

the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) and a decision

made by the Minister of the Environment within 365 days. For a review panel,

the environmental assessment must be completed and a decision made within

24 months. These timelines do not include time taken by a proponent to gather

the information needed to complete the environmental assessment. Overall

timelines for the federal regulatory review, including permitting, are set out in

Project Agreements that are publicly tracked on the Major Projects Management

Office website at www.mpmb-bggp.gc.ca. For further information on the federal

environmental assessment process, please visit the Agency website at

www.ceaa-~cee.gc.ca.

Regarding the specific projects you enquired about, the Red Chris Porphyry

Copper-Gold Mine Project was subject to an environmental assessment under

the former Canadian Environmental Assessment Act (the former Act). A decision

was made on May 2, 2006, that the project, after taking into account the

implementation of appropriate mitigation measures, was not likely to cause

significant adverse environmental effects. For further information about this

project, please visit the Canadian Environmental Assessment Archive website at

www.ceaa-acee.gc.ca/0521 (reference number 04-01-3181 ).

Canada

-2-

For the Schaft Creek Mine Project, the Agency and B.C.'s Environmental

Assessment Office are conducting a cooperative federal and provincial

environmental assessment. The federal environmental assessment for this

project is being conducted pursuant to the former Act. For more information,

please visit the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website at ยท

www.ceaa-acee.gc.ca/050/ (reference number 57852). Information on the

provincial environmental assessment is available on B.C's Environmental

Assessment Office Project Information Centre website at

www. a 1 OO.gov.bc. calappsdatalepiclhtmlldep/oy/epic _home.html.

Sincerely,

The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, P.C., M.P.

(Signature is unable to copy and paste)

Minister of the Environment

Fact that was not unknown to us: The Schaft Creek project will receive regulatory approval for an EAC (Environmental Assessment Certificate) Pursuant to the former Act of the environmental permitting process.

Reference- Projects in Transition

CEAA 2012 sets out transition provisions for environmental assessments that were already underway when the new legislation came into force. The regulations below apply to projects in transition for which the environmental assessment will continue and be completed under the former Canadian Environmental Assessment Act [PDF - 626 KB].

Comprehensive studies commenced since July 2010 continue under the former Act in accordance with the Establishing Timelines for Comprehensive Studies Regulations.

Comprehensive studies commenced prior to July 2010 continue under the former Act but a comprehensive study report must be provided to the Minister no later than six months of government time after CEAA 2012 comes into force.

Projects that were being assessed as screenings under the former Act continue under the former Act if the project was specifically designated by the Minister of the Environment on the day CEAA 2012 came into force.

http://www.ceaa-acee.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=en&n=9EC7CAD2-1

http://www.lawnow.org/canadian-federal-environmental-assessment-law/

New CEAA 2012

http://www.ceaa-acee.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=en&n=16254939-1

Important documents and websites for you all to review and examine

I will now post links to different files and sites of relevance to Schaft Creek and CUU shareholders. Alot of the information may be technical and even old in relation to the year published but I am sure many of you have not seen or reviewed this content.

http://a100.gov.bc.ca/appsdata/epic/documents/p283/1291400853909_1ec18e1cd6ca831a437ff011359b4ab77d4b20986912380d220d97b4ccc75396.pdf

During the Public comment period, these residents had alot of positive things to say about the Schaft Creek mine. I am not sure how many people are that accepting of mine development and mineral extraction but our deposit much rank high in public perception which bodes well for EA approval and mine production. Schaft Creek has a sound reputation by the way the community accepts its future development to produce as long as it is in an environmentally friendly and responsible way, which it will.

http://a100.gov.bc.ca/appsdata/epic/documents/p283/1289937059278_f236ddd4fbd4af6971063d74214d6651632fdd66c6809af50ef3c46bc5cd8793.pdf

http://www.ceaa-acee.gc.ca/050%20/document-eng.cfm?document=80027 (Updated 2012)

http://www.ceaa-acee.gc.ca/050/documents/45428/45428E.pdf

http://mpmo.gc.ca/home

Red Chris Mine owned and operated by Imperial Metals Corporation

http://www.ceaa-acee.gc.ca/052/details-eng.cfm?pid=3181#desc

If one would like to connect the dots....The Red Chris and Schaft Creek mines are nearly identical in geology, location (Schaft Creek and Red Chris are basically neighbours), size, grade, political connection, and environmental risk factors when looking at the overall picture. If the Red Chris mine received the EAC then I have no doubt that Schaft Creek will also obtain the EA permits! As our Federal minister stated, "A decision was made on May 2, 2006, that the project, after taking into account the implementation of appropriate mitigation measures, was not likely to cause significant adverse environmental effects" (Leona Aglukkaq). Based on this above statement we should obtain the same treatment and receive our EA permits quite easily since our twin mine received their "meal ticket".

To date, Copper Fox conducted many environmental studies since 2006 and this should satisfy the federal government that Schaft Creek will not be a threat to the environment. To date we have been through and completed: a public comment period, a panel review, a mandatory comprehensive study, and I believe all we need now is government approval for the EA permits once teck submits their final application and project plans for Schaft Creek. I believe we have received our AIR certificate which was a major milestone.

Lastly, I strongly believe based off all my research and references that our federal and provincial governemnts are working very closely together with Teck/Copper Fox to get Schaft Creek permitted as a future mine as this would be a huge job creator and revenue generator for Canada. Schaft Creek is considered a massive project of great importance and priority in connection to the work the federal departments are conducting: Environment Canada and the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency. Since 2010, we have been working very closely to ensure no out of the blue problems erupt, as we continue to update of environmental studies. Communications with all the levels of government are ongoing and occur frequently so the ultimate goal is accomplished: mine production and development.

If you read this far, sorry for the long post....it was a very informative and extensive report but the good news is, I will stay in touch with the individuals working on Schaft Creek's development and EA permitting processes and I will post any updates I receive from them. Some of these people include Paul Cobban (Teck's Permitting Manager), First Nation representatives and Tracy (project assessment manager).

P.S- I received a response to my questions from Dale Andres: SVP of Teck's Copper division. That post comes another day.

Thanks and enjoy the readings! Post any information of relevance to start a debate if anyone finds anything of interest. I hope my post met people's expectations of the "best post ever lol". I think it is very important to understand that the government and the First Nations favour and support the Schaft Creek mine which in the end is very crucial as these are the parties needed on your side to successfully obtain the EA permits. It is a 2 for 2 score when jumping those very stressful hurdles. These are very positive factors for the Schaft Creek project and its future developments.

New Message
Please login to post a reply