Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

"Zero need to buy out CUU because of the port access. Same goes for the land.

OK, Teck has 100% access to the port and land, but only 75% of the profit generated by working on the land and utilizing the port, which seems like a poor deal to me.

Copper Fox owns 25% of the land claims and Liard shares owned by the JV, and is entitled to 25% of the profit until the NPI kicks in.

The question was: I didn't think Teck needed to buyout Schaft Creek as they already have the port and the required land s . Am I missing something?

The missing point appears to be the profit. They don't just want to control the land and port, they want to use them to make money. Why would they want to do 100% of the work, and financing, without gaining 100% of the profit?

That's why they might want to buy the rest of Schaft Creek."

Because what you said before was trying to state owning 75% of the port as a reason for Teck to buyout CUU (see below), when it is not at all. Teck has control of the port, and CUU doesn't really "own" part of the port, its JV controlled and Teck controls the JV. Teck could drop the port access tomorrow if they choose.

"With due respect, can you tell me why you feel Teck needs to buy out Schaft Creek? I didn't think Teck needed to buyout Schaft Creek as they already have the port and the required land s .

They have 75% of the port and lands and, in Copper Fox, they have a partner who is not required to arrange any further funding. The next $57.5 million they spend is on their dime entirely, and they owe Copper Fox a further $40 million by the time the mine is built.

I think Teck likes to have a partner in most of their projects to share the costs and mitigate their finances so that they aren't on the hook for 100% of the funding while owning 75% of the project"

New Message
Please login to post a reply