Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Thanks Underhill

I wasn't aware that you had to register to read the full article. Here is the bit that mentions SC.

'...aven't talked about NovaGold's other main asset, that being Galore Creek, as I feel that this project isn't that high in terms of importance or monetary value at the moment. Galore Creek is a massive copper-gold-silver deposit that is located in northwestern British Columbia, Canada. The project is 50% owned by NovaGold, with Teck Resources (NYSE:TCK) owning the remaining 50%.

On paper, Galore seems like a big winner, as the project is forecast to produce 6.2 billion pounds of copper, 4.0 million ounces of gold and 65.8 million ounces of silver over an approximate 18-year mine life. But there are many large scale copper-gold projects like Galore Creek. In fact, Teck Resources owns 75% of the adjacent Schaft Creek Project, with Copper Fox holding the remaining 25%.

Schaft Creek is also a large copper-gold project, Schaft though has many advantages. For starters, the cap-ex is much lower, coming in at $3.25 billion compared to $5.2 billion for Galore. Schaft Creek also does not require the construction of a tunnel like Galore does, and Schaft may have a lower amount of acid mine drainage.

Another big advantage is power. While the construction of the Northwest Transmission Line (a major power line project in British Columbia) is beneficial for both the Galore Creek and Schaft Creek Projects, Schaft Creek is closer to Highway 37 which the NTL runs parallel to....'

New Message
Please login to post a reply