Welcome To The Crescent Point Energy HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: Who’s The Next Wildstream in the Saskatchewan Oil Patch?

Hi Yukon Gold;

It's good to see you posting on this board. Welcome aboard.

What you say makes sense here. I was aware of Wild River and Wild Stream under Neil Roszell's stewardship, in addition to Paul Colborne and Scott Saxberg on both companies Board of Directors and their connection to Crescent Point Energy. I get what you are saying in that Crescent Point will leave Wildstream alone to acquire and build up a large holding in the Dodsland/Viking play and then do a deal with Crescent Point to take them out at some point down the road. My only concern in my last post was that I didn't think that Crescent Point wanted to move into yet another large oil pool seeing as they already control the majority of the Upper/Lower Shaunavon pool in Saskatchewan and the Viewfield Bakken pool in Saskatchewan and the large position that they have in the Beaverhill Lake light oil pool and huge position in the Alberta Bakken. I was thinking that getting involved in the Viking was a bridge too far. But what you are saying makes sense that they use Petro One Energy to do their acquiring and developing for them as well as Wild Stream's new spinoff "Newco" sort of as a stealth move to take attention away from themselves. This makes sense so that the juniors can acquire land cheaply because if landowners knew that Crescent Point was doing this the prices would be astronomical. Then Crescent Point, as has been its past modus operendi if you will swallows up the juniors. It makes perfect sense.

On another note, how long do you think it is going to take for a major, Imperial Oil or Shell to step in and take out Crescent Point? A year ago on BNN two or three analysts kept stating that Crescent Point would grow to around 100,000 bbl/day and then it would get taken out for around $80.00 a share. It looks like Crescent Point will exit 2012 with close to 100,000 bbl/d. What are you thinking about Crescent Point being sold itself by Scott Saxberg to the highest bidder next year? Or do you think his plan is to grow Crescent Point to the next level? I think he will sell and do it all over again with a smaller company.

Cheers; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply