Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Re: Worried

posted on Jul 21, 2008 07:34PM

Well Krype I have been long on this stock since 1997 so I share your pain. BUT...I have very little doubt that the final permit will be granted...and soon.

Chavez is a bit of a loose cannon but he is no dummy. He really cann't afford to piss off Canada as a potential source for foreign investment - particularily in the mining sector where our expertise is recognized world-wide.

Crystallex has complied with every request from VZ authorities over the years and they are in good standing and have excellent relations with the powers that be.

Don't believe all the conspiracy theorists who think that Chavez wants to bleed us dry so he can hand the contract over the the Russians. This final delay was caused by Ortega's rouge stance on open mining in the forest. Had she taken the time to visit the area she would have realized that the damage was done decades ago.

Lastly I do unfortunatley agree with you that the stock will not, at least in the short term, rise to the level it would have if the permitting process had not been so bastardized. But I'm quite confident we will see at least a $5.00 base form when the permit is confirmed.

Just my thoughts...but I think they are pretty good.

New Message
Please login to post a reply